Animation

spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am currently watching a training video on animation for Carrara 8.5. I am in the section that is going over physics animation. The instructors says to use the physics animation button to run the animation but I cannot find the physics animation button in my studio. Can anyone help me find this button. Thanx for anyones help:P

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

The very top left icon in the assembly room. Looks a little like a diagonal bone, with a half circle of spheres on the lower part of the 'bone'.

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick reply. I see that icon in the instruction video but there is no such icon in the top left of my assembly room.

edited December 1969

Hmm, you said you were running 8.5 pro, so it should be there, you're certain? Looks like the below symbol that I cut and paste from a screengrab.

!Physics.png
    131 x 101 - 11K
    edited December 1969

yes, I am certain. In fact, none of the four icons in your screengrab are showing in my studio. I have installed my studio through the install manager and downloaded it manually but still no icons. very frustrating, I bought Carrara 8.5 pro because it was on sale for such a great price but also because I wanted to be able to take advantage of the animation. not sure what to do

edited December 1969

Thank you Jonstark, not sure what happened but all of a sudden all four icons are now appearing in my studio. very strange, but Yea!!!

edited February 2015

Yeah you will definitely want physics for things like cloth and rigid body collision, etc. This should be there, in Carrara 8.5 pro. I never had to 'unlock' it or anything it's just part of the program. Maybe post a screengrab of what your assembly room looks like? Maybe one of the more expert forum members will figure out what's going on from that. We should all have access to the exact same program with 8.5 pro, really shouldn't be any different. When you mention none of the 4 icons in my little grab are showing for you, the two middle ones are for modeling in the assembly room (the wrench snaps you into modeling mode, the hand/fist snaps you back into regular assembly room mode) and the next one over is for 3dpainting. If you're not showing any of these, that makes me think somehow Daz screwed up the download links and maybe gave you downloads to 8.5 regular instead of pro? I'm sort of stabbing in the dark though...

Edit: just saw we crossposted and the icons have appeared. Weird! Did you restart or something? Anyway I'm glad they are showing up now, I think the physics engine is a lot of fun. Actually to be precise that's the physics engine for bullet physics. Carrara has other physics engines for other purposes also built in. I'm a big fan of the hair simulation physics, for example :)

Post edited by Jonstark on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited February 2015

It's the occasion to remind that these groups of icons can be moved everywhere on your screen, not only in the up and side bars, but into the image too…

Post edited by DUDU on
  • starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Try right clicking on the image bar..a drop down menu should give you options to display..

Starboardtack

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

I had a similar problem. Right clicking on the Icon/ bar at the top brings a drop down menu that may help. I am new to this myself so it may be something else..give it a try.

Starboardtack

Screen_Shot_2015-02-20_at_4.14_.31_PM_.png
    818 x 178 - 72K