This is NOT 3D SOFTWARE? | How I Create ''Microworlds''

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,196
edited November 2021 in Carrara Discussion

It took me a minute to realize he's using Photoshop ... I think ...

Post edited by Steve K on

Comments

• oh I saw that video a while back and was impressed yes

Just shows art is art, it's not the software 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930

great stuff thank you

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,196

You're welcome, and thanks should also go to Katherine Wu of Rice University, for her work in the Fall 2021 Issue of "Rice Magazine" which I got recently as an alum.  Rice has the "college system" (no fraternities of sororities) where everybody is assigned to one and typically lives there for a couple of years at least.  See below for her illustrations of the colleges (mine was Baker, No.1 of course), flip ahead to page 17.

https://issuu.com/riceuniversity/docs/ricemag_fal21

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,005

Headwax said:

great stuff thank you

+ 1  ~

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Yeah, but there is a Carrara render of a similar scene from the R forum admin years ago. It is so much better... Cant find it now, but the lighting through the water really makes a difference. The right tool for the right job...
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Steve K said:

It took me a minute to realize he's using Photoshop ... I think ...

Ah, the old isometric 30-60-30 degree angles... the drafting student's best friend! I designed a house for my arch drawing course doing that. Interior and exterior back in the late 70s. Then built a 3D model using photo/art mounts/matts cut out for walls, floors, roofs etc. Kept it for almost 25 years until we cleared on my late dad's house.

laugh Silene

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,196

OK, how about analog 3D, just need a roll of duct tape and a pocket knife.

https://www.facebook.com/photographizemag/photos/pcb.10159462557591011/10159462557506011/

duct tape sculpture.jpg
    1080 x 1075 - 128K