Sketchy workshop?

vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
edited November 2021 in Art Studio

I can't wrap my head around Sketchy, and I am probably not the only one. No disrespect intended to Oso, but Sketchy is the only one-stop Toon solution we have for Iray at the moment. The problem is that the documentation doesn't even cover how to get the looks seen in the promo pics that show it off.

If anyone has tips on how to utilize it, including what lighting works best(another thing the documentation omits), maybe those tips can be collected here.

I'll be adding the one or two things I figured out with it as well.

Post edited by vrba79 on

Comments

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited November 2021

Specular highlights are like Maggi seasoning in Sketchy.

.01 for the Specular strength and .25 Specular roughness gives you someting that looks a bit more painterly than that flat chalk look the default Sketchy shader gives.

The problem is that the highlight also apepars on the outline.

This is about the only trick I've figured out with Sketchy. The other thing is that I noticed you can get away with a low iteration count, if you turn on all of the denoising options in the renderer itself.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Using those settings, but setting the lighting to Sun/Sky only, with 3/15/2005 as SS date and 1:00:00 PM as the SS time, gave me something that looks a bit more like something you could do with PWToon.