DForce Question related to Carrara

Greetings :)

Just a few questions about dForce in case someone knows the answers.

I noticed a few dForce things in the sale.

1) Can dForce be converted to normal figure clothing?

2) If so can it be then brought into Carrara.

3) Can you transfer morphs in Studio from one figure to another like you can in Poser? (Example- take morphs from Genesis 8 and add them to conformed clothing?)

and then take that figure with it's new moprhs into Carrara.

As an aside I have Veronika's transfer plugin for converting clothes from genesis 8 to Genesis 1.

thanks in advance  

cheers from Oz

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited November 2021

all the Dforce clothing sold at DAZ is rigged as well and can be autofitted to other figures

I also use this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce2morph to create morphs from simulations to use in Carrara

you can also do that with base resolution obj exports and morphloader hiding everything else in scene including eyelashes and attached buttons etc

separate surfaces work best like just a skirt and turn simulation to 0 on everything else

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thank you for that Wendy.

Much obliged :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

I didn't know about that dForce2Morph thingy.

For that hair I'm working on (for Carrara), I did this:

• Used just a Clone to bring the G8F hair to G3F, then another clone to go from G3F to G1.
    • I draped the hair (comes in sticking straight out) and exported it as an OBJ
    • Brought the OBJ in and used the Transfer Utility to turn the OBJ into a conforming Genesis 1 figure
    • Using the same hair that I draped, I run more nd more simulations on it to make morphs, some for dialing, others as corrective JCM
    • Each of these 'morph' simulation results get exported to OBJ and brought to the new conforming item via Morph Loader Pro

Hint - when we simulate an animation, each frame along the timeline of the simulated results can be exported as a single OBJ and brought in as a morph, or made into a whole new conforming item or prop.

Here is some information on the tools for you: Content Creation Tools

These videos are a Big Help too!

Not on that page (but the channel is linked to at the bottom), this video shows the basic workflow of making a new clothing item, which works for making any conforming item:

When I spoke of making corrective morphs above, some can be a morph that we dial manually, say something the makes the neck wider, for example, while others can be controlled by the rotation of a joint or joints.

If it sounds complicated, it's not. Just me trying to explain. Josh does a great job of explaining it!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thank you again Dart for sharing your knowledge

I can hardly believe that I didn't mention that I buy dForce items, convert them down to Genesis 3, then to Genesis 1, and then either run them through dForce or through VWD. 

VWD makes all 3D mesh compatible with one another ;)