Brenna for Ophelia 7 needs to be brought to current gen

N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129
edited November 2021 in Product Suggestions

Just a brief product suggestion/request/shameless begging:

Brenna for Ophelia 7 (https://www.daz3d.com/brenna-for-ophelia-7) remains IMHO the absolutely best body morph for a fit female heroine of any genre, not just the "barbarian" she was going for. As her physique uses HD morphs, it can't be ported to the genesis 8.x platform without a crucial loss of detail.

I think I'm reasonably competent in combining morphs, and have a rather extensive library (including Freja et al), but I can't create or combine anything like that. So, please, Daz, either a paid upgrade or a new Ophelia 8.1 that would allow us to have Brenna's body morph 1:1.

Thanks,

Nep

Post edited by N3p3nth3 on

Comments

• Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191

You could try the Character Converter from River Soft Art: https://www.daz3d.com/character-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female. I don't own it myself, but I can tell you from my own experience, that River Soft Art Plugins usually are topnotch. You could then take the G3 morph over to G8.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Beat578 said:

You could try the Character Converter from River Soft Art: https://www.daz3d.com/character-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female. I don't own it myself, but I can tell you from my own experience, that River Soft Art Plugins usually are topnotch. You could then take the G3 morph over to G8.

i've done it, It's not as good due to the inability to transfer hd morphs.

I even tried to learn to do the conversion of hd morphs to displacement maps just for this particular character... but it's not quite there. 

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911

Have you tried adding the HD morphs from another athletic character to your converted version? Gia 8 comes to mind. Also, while it's not an HD morph, you might be interested in Gia 7 for Gia 8, as Gia 7 has a similarly athletic body type, and that might help you recreate Brenna's look on G8.

edited November 2021

Quixotry said:

Have you tried adding the HD morphs from another athletic character to your converted version? Gia 8 comes to mind. Also, while it's not an HD morph, you might be interested in Gia 7 for Gia 8, as Gia 7 has a similarly athletic body type, and that might help you recreate Brenna's look on G8.

Not really, as in my experience characters without separate hd details (this, fw characters etc) use them a bit differently, to add more depth and detail to the base morph vs. Stacking on micro detail.

I'm desperate enough to give it a shot, though :D

I think I've done my best with the generated displacement maps, but I feel that in addition to my personal preference, there isn't a body type like Ophelia in the genesis 8 gene pool, while a lot of base characters aren't exactly easy to tell apart... with Brenna being the pinnacle of that form :)

Post edited by N3p3nth3 on
  • If you're really desperate, save her as a high resolution model and export her to blender then convert the HD morphs into displacement maps.

Psyckosama said:

If you're really desperate, save her as a high resolution model and export her to blender then convert the HD morphs into displacement maps.

I actually tried that, but the results seemed... wrong. If there's room for a tutorial on youtube, its for this process.