collectible 3d cape cod cottage

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited February 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!!! I made a mistake, as I need a house in the stylez of this cottage, and I 've buyed it, without noticing it was a daz studio product..; there is no way toi get it in carrara, or in obj??? and,if not, is it possible to return it?

oh, and now, there are many items wich are no more developped for poser-carrara??

Post edited by laverdet_943f1f7da1 on

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited February 2015

Did you try opening it in Carrara? Most Studio .duf files will load without a proplem. In fact, you should be able to find it in your content (or smart content) tab and load it straight in from there.

The only issue generally with .duf files is that the shaders may need a little tweaking for bump or displacement.

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:

The only issue generally with .duf files is that the shaders may need a little tweaking for bump or displacement.

A LITTLE tweaking ? ;-)

Don't forget highlights and shininess, alpha to transparency ...

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

thank you for your help!!! the problem is also that I always install manually (2 hard disk, and I want to choose)... usually it's easy, librairies, geometries, and so on, but on that product, everything is different... DSON, and others things I don't understand!!!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

DSON is the mechanism for loading Studio files into Poser (most generally seen with Genesis and G2x figures). It doesn't apply to Carrara, which can open most .duf files directly.

@Philemo: For certain values of "little" ;)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    snip

oh, and now, there are many items wich are no more developped for poser-carrara??

I won't answer that as it will get removed
    but
    I do think at the very least for props PA's could have an obj with mtl file too, it is not that damned hard for them to export it from DAZ using the Bryce option that works in most other software, so non-studio users at least have a starting point.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2015

bit of peeve ;)

usually, they give you 30 days to return item, some sale items you can't return.

you would need to create a DS runtime and add the folder to your browser tray.
    when you add a folder in new carrara, it asks if it is poser or studio.

Post edited by Mistara on