Possible to export Genesis 8 model with pose, clothes, hair as one fixed/unchangeable asset?

I'd like to pose and dress my Genesis 8 or 8.1 character in Daz and export that with no changes to Unreal Engine. Is this possible?If so how can I do it? (I mainly want to use UE for megascans and lighting, and import my finished character aready posed to UE for rendering)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

sunnyjei said:

I'd like to pose and dress my Genesis 8 or 8.1 character in Daz and export that with no changes to Unreal Engine. Is this possible?If so how can I do it? (I mainly want to use UE for megascans and lighting, and import my finished character aready posed to UE for rendering)

Thanks in advance!

yep, all you have to do is load everything into the character, the only issue is with "poke throught" with many poses, because while inside daz you have some auto corrective fixes for some poke inside unreal you don't have, then you would need make some adjusts to the character and pose before export, or make multiple exports of the same character until it can be done fine.

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

Ellessarr said:

sunnyjei said:

Thanks in advance!

yep, all you have to do is load everything into the character, the only issue is with "poke throught" with many poses, because while inside daz you have some auto corrective fixes for some poke inside unreal you don't have, then you would need make some adjusts to the character and pose before export, or make multiple exports of the same character until it can be done fine.

Is it possible to just turn off visibility of that part in Daz and have that carry over into Unreal? (For example turn off visibilty of the bare foot but leave on the shoe so no toe poke thru). Also how can I do this? The Daz tutorial seemed to be more about creating a moving character...

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2021

sunnyjei said:

Ellessarr said:

sunnyjei said:

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to just turn off visibility of that part in Daz and have that carry over into Unreal? (For example turn off visibilty of the bare foot but leave on the shoe so no toe poke thru). Also how can I do this? The Daz tutorial seemed to be more about creating a moving character...

yeah you can do that

here a mini tutorial about it, i do that myself many times,

http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-hiding-figure-geometry/

it will "delete" those faces from the figure, if the figure don't have to "strip" then it's fine to that, in case you need to "strip" you must "exporte a "naked version with outfits being exporter a separated meshes like a "modular character" like in here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/492281/tutorial-modular-character-what-is-it-and-how-to-asemble-it-inside-unreal-engine#latest

or here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5173146/#Comment_5173146

if you look around here you can find many good tutorials by me or others users to help in work with daz and unreal.

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

Ellessarr said:

sunnyjei said:

Ellessarr said:

sunnyjei said:

Thanks in advance!

yeah you can do that

here a mini tutorial about it, i do that myself many times,

http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-hiding-figure-geometry/

it will "delete" those faces from the figure, if the figure don't have to "strip" then it's fine to that, in case you need to "strip" you must "exporte a "naked version with outfits being exporter a separated meshes like a "modular character" like in here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/492281/tutorial-modular-character-what-is-it-and-how-to-asemble-it-inside-unreal-engine#latest

or here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5173146/#Comment_5173146

if you look around here you can find many good tutorials by me or others users to help in work with daz and unreal.

Thank you both! I'll definitely check out the links. I've been going thru different tutorials but hitting the 'overwhelmed-abort' button pretty often lately- so much great info out there hard to figure out where to start or go next sometimes :)