HS dForce Hip and Breast V2

Maybe I am just not seeing it, but are there promos showing how the hips change? I see alot showing off the breasts, but not really showing off the hips. I like the 1st one and use it alot and I am thinking of getting this one..... but I'd like to see some pics of the hips.0

Comments

• set77set77 Posts: 20

I didn't see any, I was going to get this new one but the simple fact that in the promo they show just how poorly the V1 is over V2 shows that they acknowledge it is a flawed product so I see zero reasons to give them more money to fix the mess I already own that does not work.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    The only one I can see is promo pic 2 where the 2 ladies have their backsides pressed on each other.
  • N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286
    edited November 2021

Welp. you beat me to it. I was gonna upload a pic but had trouble wit it. I think they meant bum, not hip. And only the first image shows the difference.

Post edited by N00b4Ever on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

I was a bit confused with this too but the description says 'HS dForce Hip is designed to correct joint deformation and collision.' so I'm guessing it has more to do with the calf/thigh interaction as shown in the promo where she's crouching. Possibly glutes too as also appearing to be shown in one of the promos.

• set77 said:

I didn't see any, I was going to get this new one but the simple fact that in the promo they show just how poorly the V1 is over V2 shows that they acknowledge it is a flawed product so I see zero reasons to give them more money to fix the mess I already own that does not work.

i was thinking the same so i dusted my V1 copy off and had a play (first time since i wrote it off as a total flop on release) this time i compared it to breastacular who advise to use it in conjunction this their many associated morphs so as a fair comparison i used it together with Zev0's breast control and to my surprise i got some good results.

i think Hamster (on the product page) claimed it was very easy to use,  just load the dForce breast base figure then click simulate and Bobs your Uncle...  but i'm afraid if you did that you were likely to be very disappointed!  i feel it requires just i little bit of finessing for worthwhile results.

V2 looks to be a altogether more rounded product both literally and figuratively...i think I'll have a dabble.

(disclaimer - i'm only talking about single frame poses not full animations)

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    edited November 2021

To be honest I couldn't spot the difference lol and I have version 1 so I am happy with what I have.

OT, some promo images remind me of an episode of 1000 Ways to Die hahaha! Disclaimer: not bashing the PA or the PA's products whatsoever.

Post edited by CHWT on
  • I have some HD breast morphs that won't translate properly when using V2. The general shape transfers properly, however I lose all the nipple detail. Not sure if that support can be added to this product somehow.

• JB007JB007 Posts: 99
    edited November 2021

Doesn't work for me .. boobs just collapse into something resembling scrunched up paper .. no movement .. they just crumple  .. 

However, that's when you ignore the tutorial video which says put the dforce modifier on the Genesis model .. which results in the model melting like a candle when simulation is hit ...  Does anybody at Daz check these things before putting them up for sale?

Post edited by JB007 on
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2021

JB007 said:

Doesn't work for me .. boobs just collapse into something resembling scrunched up paper .. no movement .. they just crumple  .. 

However, that's when you ignore the tutorial video which says put the dforce modifier on the Genesis model .. which results in the model melting like a candle when simulation is hit ...  Does anybody at Daz check these things before putting them up for sale?

I don't have any of the versions, so I can't check, but the video description also mentions to apply HS DFBV2 0Genesis 8.1 Female Material, which I assume will regulate what part of the body is affected by dForce and for how much.

Post edited by glaseye on
  • JB007 said:

I had this first. It happens when you apply a dForce modifier to the G8 figure without then loading the G8F material. The material is absically a dforce weight map that keeps the rest of G8F in place.

the workflow that worked for me:

1. select G8F, then create a dForce Dynamic Surface on it
    2. with G8F still selected, apply the HS "DFBV20Genesis 8 Female Material" 
    3. with G8F still selected, load the dForce breast
    4. now select the breast attachment, and load the "HS DFBV20 Apply Matching Material for Breast"

The thumbnails are quite misleading, as the second material is showing "Tips" on the thumbnail. 

For any of the simulation settings, make sure you have selected the dForce breats attachment. If you apply it on G8F, the figure will melt again.

• JB007JB007 Posts: 99

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

JB007 said:

I had this first. It happens when you apply a dForce modifier to the G8 figure without then loading the G8F material. The material is absically a dforce weight map that keeps the rest of G8F in place.

the workflow that worked for me:

1. select G8F, then create a dForce Dynamic Surface on it
    2. with G8F still selected, apply the HS "DFBV20Genesis 8 Female Material" 
    3. with G8F still selected, load the dForce breast
    4. now select the breast attachment, and load the "HS DFBV20 Apply Matching Material for Breast"

The thumbnails are quite misleading, as the second material is showing "Tips" on the thumbnail. 

For any of the simulation settings, make sure you have selected the dForce breats attachment. If you apply it on G8F, the figure will melt again

Ahh .. that seems to have done it .. only problem is now that the graft doesn't hide the underlying G8 bits and bobs so after sim, she has 4 boobs .. 

• JB007 said:

Please don't forget the most important first step,(covent figures to dynamic surface): Select your figure,right click on simulation setting tab,dforce----Add dForce modifier :dynamic surface

and step 2:Apply HS DFBV2 0Genesis 8.1 Female Materia

• again

Ahh .. that seems to have done it .. only problem is now that the graft doesn't hide the underlying G8 bits and bobs so after sim, she has 4 boobs .. 

1.select figure before load dforce breast,

2.BTW,if you are using Weight map brush tool or Geomertry editing tools, you will also see 4 boobs

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,940
    edited November 2021

Hey Hamster, is there any way that you could make a DForce product for the glutes and thighs? I would definitely buy that, I mean, if you have a character with realistic moving breasts, it would make sense to do the glutes/thighs as well!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • HamsterHamster Posts: 41
    edited November 2021

takezo_3001 said:

Hey Hamster, is there any way that you could make a DForce product for the glutes and thighs? I would definitely buy that, I mean, if you have a character with realistic moving breasts, it would make sense to do the glutes/thighs as well!

In fact,this "dforce hip" product including glute,thigh and shin area.

Post edited by Hamster on
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    Hamster said:

takezo_3001 said:

Hey Hamster, is there any way that you could make a DForce product for the glutes and thighs? I

That sounds good. We all were trying to figure out how the lower body worked. We couldn't see it in the promos nor too well on the description.

Hamster said:

takezo_3001 said:

Thanks for the info; INSTA-BOUGHT!

edited November 2021

Ok, looks like I'm having issues here with either melting character, or melting lower half... seems like the instruction video is too vague, the PA should have mede a seperate video about the lower half instead of reusing the boob animation!

• HamsterHamster Posts: 41
    edited November 2021

takezo_3001 said:

Ok, looks like I'm having issues here with either melting character, or melting lower half... seems like the instruction video is too vague, the PA should have mede a seperate video about the lower half instead of reusing the boob animation!

1.convert figure to dynamic surface.

2.HS DFBV2 0Genesis 8 Female Material.(select G8 first)

3.HS DFBV2 1HS dForce Breast for G8F v2(select G8 first)

4.HS DFBV2 2Apply Matching Materials for Breast(select dforce breast first)

5.HS DFBV2 3dForce Hip for G8F(select G8 first)

6.HS DFBV2 4Apply Matching Materials for Hip(select dforce Hip first)

Post edited by Hamster on

Hamster said:

takezo_3001 said:

Thanks, that is what was throwing me off, I'm off to test right now I'll be back with my results!

• Hmm, I have v1 of this product and don't see me getting a full-priced v2 anytime soon. Use the existing morph products found here plus Breastacular from meipe (found elsewhere) which provides collision support, morphs and does not need any simulation time.

edited November 2021

takezo_3001 said:

Thanks, that is what was throwing me off, I'm off to test right now I'll be back with my results!

While the glutes/legs are soft bodies, they do not move/jiggle like the breasts which is primarily the reason why I got this product in the first place... is there a way to get them to move like the breasts, or is this simply a way to do self-collision for the glute/legs?

I mean, I already have products that can accomplish that.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Hamster said:

takezo_3001 said:

I've followed these steps but when either the breasts or hips are simulated they crumple broken heart  crying

• evacynevacyn Posts: 960

Hamster said:

takezo_3001 said:

Thank you - I followed these steps and it worked without issues for me.

evacyn said:

Thank you - I followed these steps and it worked without issues for me.

Good news I'm glad it worked for you, so have you been able to get the glutes to jiggle like the breasts by any chance?

• MoogooMoogoo Posts: 136

Could this be used to for example put the d-froce on the legs and in a still render place the character on a bench and have the legs deform so it looks like pressure from sitting? 

Like place the character with the hip attachment and then just simulate?

Or is it more for animations?

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited November 2021

D'oh laugh  Found out what I was doing wrong:  I was simulating the attachments instead of the figure blush   It works perfectly now heart

Also found out quite by accident that the apply matching materials still works if G8 is selected surprise  Still, I would recommend @Hamster's stated workflow yes

Going off to test this on my favorite characters cool heart

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • Moogoo said:

Could this be used to for example put the d-froce on the legs and in a still render place the character on a bench and have the legs deform so it looks like pressure from sitting? 

I have not been able so far to get this working with animations at all. Whatever I try, the attachments just "crinkle".

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Moogoo said:

I have not been able so far to get this working with animations at all. Whatever I try, the attachments just "crinkle".

Another tutorial :work with cloth

Hamster said:

Another tutorial :work with cloth

Whelp, this answers my question, this program doesn't animate the glutes to jiggle like the breasts, I hate to refund this, but seeing as that was the entire reason for me getting it I have no other choice, thanks for the extra tutorials as it was very helpful indeed!