Trying to set up a hand-only pose preset - G2

Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
edited February 2015 in New Users

Hey folks.

I am trying to set up some presets for the right and left hands of both male and female Gen 2 characters, and I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to do it. Pose presets don't seem to work when I only save the pose for ONE hand. Hierarchical presets seem like they might do the job, but I have to go in and de-select every single other part of the body or else those body parts get saved too.

Is there an easier/more efficient way to do this?

Post edited by Steven-V on

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Hi!

Hierarchical presets are for the figure plus items parented to it (like with the Minotaur poses that also pose the tail and legs), not for just the figure itself. A regular pose preset is what you need. Use right-click and "check all modified only" in the pose saving dialog when your pose is on the figure. This should save the pose for only that hand. I do not recommend using pose controls for this.

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

What if it's not modified?

See one of the things I am doing, among others, is trying to make a "reset hand" preset. I had these for Genesis but I don't have them for G2M or G2F, so I wanted to make my own. But it's kind of ignoring me when I save the zeroed pose. And using the edit-zero function to zero only the selected body part will zero the hand but not the fingers. I want to zero them all in one go if necessary.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited February 2015

What if it's not modified?

See one of the things I am doing, among others, is trying to make a "reset hand" preset. I had these for Genesis but I don't have them for G2M or G2F, so I wanted to make my own. But it's kind of ignoring me when I save the zeroed pose. And using the edit-zero function to zero only the selected body part will zero the hand but not the fingers. I want to zero them all in one go if necessary.

If you want to do it without a preset, select the hand and use "zero selected and children."

If you want to create a zeroed preset, I'm afraid you would have to uncheck everything in the preset dialog popup, then select the hand and its child bones manually.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

I'll try zero with children... I had not noticed that.

Unfortunately when I use the preset and deselect/reselect things, it saves, but then when I apply it, nothing happens (a hand that is, say, in a fist, remains so, even though the preset has been "applied").

edited December 1969

OK, I am confused. Where is the "Zero selected and children" option? I do not see it under edit->object-zero or edit->figure->zero. Obviously it is somewhere else... but where?