Daz Horse Resources, 2021 - Skins, tack, etc

paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,314
edited November 2021 in Product Suggestions

I've found various threads here on these forums about Daz Horse 2 skins and other necessities but most were years old, often referencing no-longer-existing resources. I don't know how many other people are out there who are in need of horses for their art, but I'm working on a story that's set in final years of an animal-powered era, so I do need reasonable horse resources. I've bought pretty much every item at the Daz store for Daz Horse 2, but even accounting for artistic license vs reality, there are gaps. I don't expect the entire State Line Tack catalog to be available, but it would be nice to have a basic Western headstall. And ... halters, anyone?

Coat colors are also a major problem I'm trying to address. Color options are something that I - using my marginal Photoshop skills - have been working on for a while. Basic chestnut is strangely absent from the kit of colors that come with the Pro Daz Horse bundle, and there's no means that I can find, other than do-it-yourselfing with Photoshop, to get a realistic assortment of face and leg markings. (I've attached one of my recent attempts.) I've been able to create adequate face markings with Photoshop and the existing Daz Horse 2 mat files, but so far, leg markings have been more difficult and I have been entirely unsuccessful in creating whole coat color variations. An ancient thread here in this forum talked about converting Mil Horse textures to Daz Horse 2, but the link it mentioned is long dead.

Eventually, I also need to address harnesses, another reality of animal-powered transport and agriculture. (I have found something at - er - the other site which may suffice but I haven't bought it to try it out yet.)

So I'm reaching out to anyone else out there with interest or knowledge in working with Daz Horse 2, seeking tips, tricks and tools that are still available to us in 2021.

Thanks!

Horse-3.jpg
1623 x 1298 - 2M
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments