Stacia Morphs load with other characters

SkyDaddyDSkyDaddyD Posts: 19

I noticed my faces were off on my characters and tracked it down to the Stacia Character morphs - both head and body are set to default 1 or full on. I can change them back to 0 easy enough but how do I fix this permanently so when I load a non Stacia her morph defaults are 0
Thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114
    edited December 1969

If you open the Parameter Settings for the morph (click the gear icon on the right end of the slider) you can set the current and default values to 0, then File>Save as>Support Assets and make sure only the Stacia morphs are checked in the dialogue.

• SkyDaddyDSkyDaddyD Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thanks but that did not work.
    There are several options under support assets and I did not see one that let me check only the Stacia Morphs
    I tried Save Modified Assets but that did not work either
    I also uninstalled and reinstalled Stacia but again no luck

Any other ideas much appreciated

edited December 1969

Yes, sorry, I was misremembering how the Save Modified Assets dialogue works. You need to make sure that nothign else has been chnaged from the defaults before saving.

Was the default value for the Stacia morph 0 already? If so that wasn't the issue, more likely you have another parameter that is controlling it - in the Parameter Settings dialogue look at the Controllers tab, is there anything listed there?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited December 1969

I have FWSA Stacia for Victoria 6, and I have not had that problem with other characters. I just checked G2F, V6, and Mei Lin 6. The Parameters Tab and Shaping Tab "Currently Used" do not show the Stacia morph being used for those characters, even when I also have Stacia loaded in the scene. If I look at all available shaping morphs, the Stacia head and body are 0 for the other characters.

Did you perhaps accidentally save Stacia as G2F or V6 and overwrite the originals? I wonder if you uninstalled and reinstalled Genesis 2 Starter Essentials and Victoria 6 if that might fix it? Perhaps Richard can comment on that theory.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114
    edited December 1969

I've had this same problem

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50505/

I never did find out what caused it.

edited December 1969

I have saved with "Save As"" Support Assets" "Save Modified Assets" ensuring default is set to 0 and sliders are set to 0 - just comes back if I exit and start over or if I hit new and load a new character.
    There is nothing out of the ordinary in the "controllers" tab in the parameters window. One line I also see on other character morphs.

Unlike Icecrmn it only happens when I load a new character, I can load saved scenes where I have removed the morphs and the morphs don't come back. It doesn't matter which character I load - it does it to them all (female at least)

So at this point I am still looking for a way to resolve this - easy enough to work around but annoying that I can't make it go away. Thanks for the help so far.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

I have run into a similar issue, not with the Stacia morphs, but with others. The problem that I have experienced has been the result of opening a previously saved scene file in which I had used a model with a particular morph. Even if the model was removed from the scene and the scene saved as such, the morph dial remained and would therefore be present no matter what model or character I subsequently used. I can easily see how this would be an issue if the scene was the default scene that opened when DAZ Studio started. If that is the case, I would be inclined to reset the startup scene to "factory defaults" to get rid of it. There is really no other way that I have found to remove such persistent morphs from a scene once they are loaded. Or maybe I'm missing something.

edited December 1969

There is nothing out of the ordinary in the "controllers" tab in the parameters window. One line I also see on other character morphs.

There should be nothing in the list for Stacia, if this is the master parameter - the head and body parameters will have the master Stacia parameter as a controller. If you do have an entry in the Controllers list for some shapes' master parameter that suggests an issue.

edited December 1969

There is nothing in the master Stacia morph Controller. The line I mentioned is in the head and body morphs which are the 2 morphs that are set to default 1 and that I am trying to figure out how to set to default 0 permanently

Also as noted above how would I go about setting the default scene to "Factory default" - not that I remember changing it but it would be worth a try.

One more question - while digging around in preferences to reset the default scene I noticed a couple of items on the general tab

1 - Dson cache files location with the option to clear - I have had issues with cache files before in other programs but I don't want to clear them until I know what the heck they are and what the impact will be

2 - Temporary files location. no option to clear but I could do that manually if needed

edited December 1969

The DSON cache is for native format files, clearing it may help. The temp folder is for renders and for the tdl files created from textures and the compiled Shader Mixer shaders when rendering in 3Delight, manually clearing it should not be needed unless you get a hang on optimising images or a white surface due to a corrupt shader.

Exactly which parameters are non-zero in your newly loaded figures?

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info on the cache.

Every time I load a female character it loads with the Stacia head and body morphs set to 1.
    Those 2 Stacia morphs are set to default 1 and I can't get them set to default 0.

edited December 1969

So you are setting the default and raw values to 0 in Parameter settings? Or are they already 0?

edited December 1969

Setting both to 0. Tried saving them that way as updated assets but they always come back set to default 1

edited December 1969

Make sure you don't have two copies of the morphs - \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\FWSA\Stacia\

edited December 1969

Only one copy and the date shows the save date for when I saved modified assets
    Also clearing the dson cache did not help either

someone above mentioned resetting the default scene - how do I do that? I didn't see anything obvious for resetting to default

edited December 1969

Are you seeing the changes in all copies of G2F, or only when you load the standard Genesis 2 Female directly from the library (or Smart Content)?

edited December 1969

All female characters including content I have downloaded from sites other than Daz

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,850
    edited December 1969

When you load a character preset studio sets the "initial value" to the same as the dial setting, it's a really bad habit it's had since at least 4.5, knowing this and going by what you've posted then it sure sounds like you've modified your G2F duf file at some point, and that has added the Stacia dial settings to it.

edited December 1969

So a reload of G2F basic female should fix it?

edited December 1969

Loading G2F from a saved scene or Character Preset won't reference the G2F user file - that was why I asked if it was all G2Fs, not just those from opening the base character file..

• I'm having the same problem with Stacia.  I removed G2F from my system and reinstalled her (which was a minor mess) but it didn't solve it.  She still loads with Stacia at 1.  I don't even know where Stacia came from.

• Clarify.  It loads with Stacia at 0, but Stacia Head and Stacia Body at 1.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited September 2015

I'm having the same problem with Stacia.  I removed G2F from my system and reinstalled her (which was a minor mess) but it didn't solve it.  She still loads with Stacia at 1.  I don't even know where Stacia came from.

Stacia was a freebie from last year's holiday giveaways by PAs. I'm surprised that Stacia is doing this; I have her and haven't had any issue with her.

A suggestion; remove the Stacia directory from your G2F installation completely -- that data directory mentioned earlier in the thread. Just take it out of your content directory completely and put it somewhere else for now. G2F may then load with errors because it can't find the files, or it may be fine. Then reinstall G2F to overwrite everything, just to be sure.

As a matter of purest curiosity, when you look at the Stacia parameter slider, is the parameter locked? -- that little lock on top of the slider? If so, that may be why the default keeps coming back at 1; it can't retain the change when it's locked.

Post edited by vwrangler on