Compatible Assets

Hi all,

So I've purchased LOTS of assets from DAZ, intending to use them as movie sets and environments-only now to find out they are not on the list of DAZ to Unreal Compatible Assets.- they are only DAZ Studio Assets.

So my question is: how can I properly use these Studio Assets inside Unreal Engine 5, if they not compatible? 

Or did I waste lots of money?

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Learn how they work and make the necessary modifications to get them to work in UE. There is not single-click "Fix This" button for everything.

• ignore that list, it's wildly inaccurate.

Other than that you can only try on a one by one basis, some things work better than others and it is quite unpredictable

• I've tried to make the plugin handle a range of cases.  I hope that most of your assets will work with it.  When I wrote it there obviously wasn't a such thing as Unreal compatible assets.  I think that indicator means that Daz have converted those assets themselves and the UAsset files are available.  I would say, just try the bridge (it's free) and ask on Discord if you come across an asset that doens't work.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited November 2021

I have never seen a DAZ Uasset, I mostly export obj and import them tipped 90 degrees on the X axis

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on