Iray Server doesn't render HDRI background

Hi!

I was just testing iray server and even though i can see previews have the hdri background, the result render does not. I attach files.

Any idea what causes this?

Thanks!

HB2_1-Beauty.png
1920 x 1320 - 5M
HB2_1-Beauty.jpg
800 x 550 - 384K

Comments

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 897

Do you have Draw Dome turned off or on in your render settings? It should be on if you're using the HDRI as a background as well as the light source. Just a thought. Sometimes I turn it off and on as I make the scene, then forget to turn it on before I start the render.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

Quixotry said:

Do you have Draw Dome turned off or on in your render settings? It should be on if you're using the HDRI as a background as well as the light source. Just a thought. Sometimes I turn it off and on as I make the scene, then forget to turn it on before I start the render.

If Draw Dome were off, it wouldn't show in the preview, though.

• Ok guys i figured that out!

It appears daz sends pixel type as RGBA - so when i delete Alpha channel from Photoshop, i get my background. (From Layer -> Layer Mask -> Selecting Channel and deleting Alpha)

I guess there should be a pixel type selection in Daz before sending it to iray but there is none, however u can edit it over iray server before rendering from the queue.

Thanks for the comments!

• Chloe_MChloe_M Posts: 5
    edited September 2022

ersanb said:

Ok guys i figured that out!

It appears daz sends pixel type as RGBA - so when i delete Alpha channel from Photoshop, i get my background. (From Layer -> Layer Mask -> Selecting Channel and deleting Alpha)

I guess there should be a pixel type selection in Daz before sending it to iray but there is none, however u can edit it over iray server before rendering from the queue.

Thanks for the comments!

Seems this issue still exists in Daz3D today, I've setup an iRay Server but by default it outputs as RGBA unless you change the settings per file in the queue manually first

Now I've installed Photoshop (free trial for the moment) but I can't figure out how you remove the alpha....

In channels in Photoshop all I see is this;

Screenshot 2022-09-24 031133.jpg
    295 x 175 - 12K
    Post edited by Chloe_M on
  • @Chloe_M, Try this using GIMP, this is a free program.

Get it from https://www.gimp.org/

Load any picture and edit and remove the Alpha Channel of the image.

Hope this helps.

Remove Alpha Channel.png
    3835 x 2031 - 250K