Any Update greater 4.7.0012 ?

peter.cordespeter.cordes Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there,

DAZ Studio 4.7.0012 is really buggy.
That's why I'm lokking for any updates greater than 4.7.0012 that eliminates the big bugs in DAZ Studio.

Is there any ?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

None that I know of.

Any new releases are usually announced at the top of this forum, and in the Commons too. DIM also has any new updates available, including Beta releases in Product Updates.

What major bugs are you seeing, I haven't noticed a great deal of difference?

• peter.cordespeter.cordes Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Hi,

okay, no new updates. :-(

Bugs ...
    - crash on opening another scene when an existing scene is loaded
    - crash on exiting DAZ studio
    - crash when an object like a camera or light is pointing at a figure and you delete this figure
    - editing image name in render settings -> cursor alway jumps to the end of line after each pressed key
    - when rendering image series (animations) - image name (series base) and destination folder are not saved with the scene ... so batch rendering with animations is useless resp. not possible.
    - after installing a new figure or something via Installmanager, the content library has to be actualized manually

... some of the major bugs that every day appear.

System: Windows 7 Pro x64 very clean installation on this pc and very stable ...

Thanks

edited December 1969

I just tried this, it looked like the program had crashed, and said not responding, but after about a minute the Scene loaded. It seems to be a bug, but it did work, but not as expected.

I never get that, and I am on Win 7 Home Premium, 16 GB

crash when an object like a camera or light is pointing at a figure and you delete this figure

I get a crash with a Spotlight, but not with a camera

- editing image name in render settings -> cursor alway jumps to the end of line after each pressed key

Doesn't ever do that for me, do you have custom keys set up in Customize?

Some of these are definitely bugs, but not all. Sorry to hear you are having so many problems, but there are a few I simply cannot replicate.

I don't know for sure, but my feeling is that there will be at least a new Beta soon, if not a general release.

Did you report these as bugs to DAZ 3D?
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

The file name entry in Render Settings has been reported, I know. The crash on exit is something that seems to come and go, that and the other issues are probably worth reporting (one report per issue so they can be tracked please).

• edited December 1969

Just started using Daz again since i got a new graphics card, not whenever i try to render I get a

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.DLL" at 0033:000000005B0D9038

Error

Have tried everything i could think of to fix it, since i rendered very similar scenes without problems in the past(sometimes took a while of course,but still not crashing on the very start,

• skydatskydat Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hungry - by the DLL entry it looks like your using the OpenGL renderer with an Nvidia card. Have you tried the 3Delight renderer, does that crash too? I know Nvidia support for OCL/OGL has sometimes been spotty, sometimes its just a driver issue. Try a different driver if OpenGL rendering is important to you.

For me the OGL renderer works OK, except for intermediate OGL which crashes, I don't use it anyway.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Yes, go to NVIDIA and get the latest driver, as the one packed with the card is probably old.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Hi,

okay, no new updates. :-(

Bugs ...
    Sounds like you have a certain 3rd party plug-in installed. (Crashes 1 and 2.) Go ahead and file bug reports for these two please, so I can take a look. Please include a screen shot of your Help-About Plug-ins pane in your report.

- crash when an object like a camera or light is pointing at a figure and you delete this figure
    IIRC fixed in next release.
    I have never seen the cursor jump while editing a name, I am going to need a bug report and steps to reproduce on that one please.
    - when rendering image series (animations) - image name (series base) and destination folder are not saved with the scene ... so batch rendering with animations is useless resp. not possible.
    Batch rendering is not actually supported by DAZ Studio at this time. Please file a feature request concerning Image sequence names.

- after installing a new figure or something via Installmanager, the content library has to be actualized manuallyActualized? I am not sure what you mean here. Is the install done while DAZ Studio is open?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

I have never seen the cursor jump while editing a name, I am going to need a bug report and steps to reproduce on that one please.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/180878

• edited December 1969

Thank you so much, not sure how i missed it, thought i had been using the 3delight, since that is what the program had defaulted to before I upgraded my card, changed the renderer after spending a bit of time finding out where it was in the options and now things are working smoothly, time to practice my actual rendering skills now.

edited December 1969

Beta release of DAZ Studio here : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53671/

With a stunning new render engine called IRay (as well as 3Delight)