Some Converters (pose, expressions)

Riversoftart has done a MASSIVE favour to all of us for having so many good converters that make sure that you will STILL use old products even is the Genesis generation changes.

However, there are few converters I'd like to see;

Expressions from 8 to 8.1. This is a pretty simple one, but since G8.1 still uses G8 stuff, having access to PA expressions for G8 would be neat in G8.1

Pose converter for G1 to G8  and G2 to G8. Simple enough, there are poses that deserve to be updated to G8.

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

"Expressions from 8 to 8.1. This is a pretty simple one, but since G8.1 still uses G8 stuff, having access to PA expressions for G8 would be neat in G8.1"

That actually is a very hard one; the bones that drive expressions are different from G8 and G8.1.  This is why that dummy alias business happened; when they are removed the Gen 8 expressions aren't exactly right.  This is also the issue with fitting shoes across generations.  With pants, the guess of two legs with a knee in the center is going to apply to everyone. With a foot or facial expressions, the bones have changed pretty much every generation.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,503
    edited November 2021

Pose convertors... How about pose transfer? Where you apply the pose to a G1 or G2 and transfer the pose to a G8 by script. I have produced 2 freebie scripts that do what you ask for. They are available in the freebie forum here or are much more easily found on Renderosity.

G1->G8 https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88726/victoria-5-g1f-pose-transfer-to-g8f

G2->G8 https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89255/g2f-pose-transfer-to-g8f

Also done scripts to do the same job with V3, A3, M3, V4, A4, G4, M4, H4 & F4 to G3F, G3M, G8F and G8M as appropriate. Most combinations are bi-directional, so G8M poses can be applied to The Freak 4 etc. Additionally, V5->V4 and V4<->V6 is possible with yet more scripts. I tried very hard to make the script change the pose correctly between generations. There are three things that have to be considered at each joint. The first is whether the joint goes in the same direction, then if 1 degree rotation at the joint is the same for each generation (not always) and finally the offset rotation needed to make the zero poses the same. With V3 & V4 there is no equivalent to the G8 pelvis. The abdomen, chest and neck poses have to be split over two G8 bones, but that's easy enough to do. After that, it's a slog but not difficult. The scripts are around 2400 lines long, take 10-15 seconds to run on my 8yo machine. They are not difficult to understand if you want to look at the details of the code.

Hope they are of use. Regards, Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy said:

Pose convertors... How about pose transfer? Where you apply the pose to a G1 or G2 and transfer the pose to a G8 by script. I have produced 2 freebie scripts that do what you ask for. They are available in the freebie forum here or are much more easily found on Renderosity.

G1->G8 https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88726/victoria-5-g1f-pose-transfer-to-g8f

G2->G8 https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89255/g2f-pose-transfer-to-g8f

Also done scripts to do the same job with V3, A3, M3, V4, A4, G4, M4, H4 & F4 to G3F, G3M, G8F and G8M as appropriate. Most combinations are bi-directional, so G8M poses can be applied to The Freak 4 etc. Additionally, V5->V4 and V4<->V6 is possible with yet more scripts. I tried very hard to make the script change the pose correctly between generations. There are three things that have to be considered at each joint. The first is whether the joint goes in the same direction, then if 1 degree rotation at the joint is the same for each generation (not always) and finally the offset rotation needed to make the zero poses the same. With V3 & V4 there is no equivalent to the G8 pelvis. The abdomen, chest and neck poses have to be split over two G8 bones, but that's easy enough to do. After that, it's a slog but not difficult. The scripts are around 2400 lines long, take 10-15 seconds to run on my 8yo machine. They are not difficult to understand if you want to look at the details of the code.

Hope they are of use. Regards, Richard

Oh, I have those scripts, they work great. The reason I'm requesting a converter, is that I have a BUNCH of G1 and G2 poses, and saving each one by hand is a pain and a half.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,503
    edited November 2021
    Not doing batch conversions is a serious limitation, I agree. To be able to do a batch run, I do need to learn a lot more about the scripting language than I do at the moment. Need 40+ hours in the day to have time to learn all I need. Ho hum
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy said:

Not doing batch conversions is a serious limitation, I agree. To be able to do a batch run, I do need to learn a lot more about the scripting language than I do at the moment. Need 40+ hours in the day to have time to learn all I need. Ho hum

Thank you for doing the transferers. I did not mean to insult you.

• No insult even considered. I honestly have so much to learn - especially about scripting - and I do wish the day could approach 40 hours long so I might begin to achieve everything I want to in timescales that I need.