Quick question about interactive License

zacek17zacek17 Posts: 0
edited November 2021 in Art Studio

Hello, sorry for asking dumb question but need to know it at 120%
at start, Working on Fantasy VN Game where all Daz Content is Daz Renders or Animations, Movies (not a gameplay) 
So at this state i need to ask if i need Interactive License or No.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Read! https://www.daz3d.com/interactive-license Then come back and ask any further question.

• Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio question.

If the game doesn't include any 3D data, or textures files, but only renders then you don't need the Interactive Licenses.

• Hello,

I take the opportunity of this thread relative to the "interactive license" to ask a specific question addressed to Daz Productions Team.

First of all I want to mention that I carefully read the chapter "3.0 Interactive License Addendum" of Daz 3D E.U.L.A.

Last year I purchased fifteen interactive licenses for my preferred figures and plugins.

I see now an opportunity to use them for the creation of video games (that I'll probably distribute for free on Steam or on any other platform).

Question #1 : I may suppose that the term "interactive license" , if this one is available for a purchased item, is a replacement for the term previously named "Game Developer License", am I right ?

Question #2 :  One of my choices for the production of video games would be "GameGuru MAX" the development of which has greatly improved those last months.

That 3D game editor offers this feature : Import of its own assets (animated or not) and it is interesting because the export of some figures of Daz Studio are compatible enough with GameGuru MAX for that purpose.

That 3D game engine converts the imported assets (and its animations) in a encrypted proprietary format (DBO = Dark Basic Object) that cannot be opened/converted by any other software.

But currently (and perhaps definitively, I don't know) the standalone version of a video game compiled with GameGuru MAX is distributed as a folder the content of which (DBO, images and scripts) can be easily selected and extracted by the end-user.  Therefore that end-user could copy all or parts of this content (encrypted DBO files and the other ones).

Therefore, my question is : may I use my purchased Daz Studio items having an interactive license to produce video games with GameGuru MAX ?

Thank you for paying attention to my request.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,019
    edited November 2021

If you want an answer from Daz you'll have to open a support ticket, they won't see your question here.

Regarding your first question, individual "interactive licenses" replaced the "game developper licenses" covering all assets from a specific vendor. The Game developper license for a vendor is an equivalent to "interactive licenses for all items from that vendor" (for the number of uses specified in your game developer license if there was a limit there).

Post edited by Leana on
  • marcuswilm said:

Hello,

I take the opportunity of this thread relative to the "interactive license" to ask a specific question addressed to Daz Productions Team.

First of all I want to mention that I carefully read the chapter "3.0 Interactive License Addendum" of Daz 3D E.U.L.A.

Last year I purchased fifteen interactive licenses for my preferred figures and plugins.

I see now an opportunity to use them for the creation of video games (that I'll probably distribute for free on Steam or on any other platform).

Question #1 : I may suppose that the term "interactive license" , if this one is available for a purchased item, is a replacement for the term previously named "Game Developer License", am I right ?

Question #2 :  One of my choices for the production of video games would be "GameGuru MAX" the development of which has greatly improved those last months.

That 3D game editor offers this feature : Import of its own assets (animated or not) and it is interesting because the export of some figures of Daz Studio are compatible enough with GameGuru MAX for that purpose.

That 3D game engine converts the imported assets (and its animations) in a encrypted proprietary format (DBO = Dark Basic Object) that cannot be opened/converted by any other software.

But currently (and perhaps definitively, I don't know) the standalone version of a video game compiled with GameGuru MAX is distributed as a folder the content of which (DBO, images and scripts) can be easily selected and extracted by the end-user.  Therefore that end-user could copy all or parts of this content (encrypted DBO files and the other ones).

Therefore, my question is : may I use my purchased Daz Studio items having an interactive license to produce video games with GameGuru MAX ?

Thank you for paying attention to my request.

Questions like this are best addressed to sales Support, to get an official answer.

The Interactive Licenses do replace the old Game Developer Licenses, but if you have one of the old licenses it is still valid for items released before the terms switched, assuming you had not already used up all of the allowed releases (I think I'm right in recalling that the PA licenses at least had a limited number of uses) - I'm not sure about content released after the switch to Interactive Licenses.

The question about files and encryption is definitely one for support.

• Leana and Richard Haseltine, thank you for your answers to my first question. 

For my second question, I followed your advice. I contacted Daz 3D Tech Support.