Spotlight

Hello! I have two very basic question: how to point a spotlight at a specific item, and how to use in the scene an hdri?, I ve tried to find an online documentation, but can g find these! Thank you for help!!!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    edited November 2021

for the point at

pointat.png
    904 x 801 - 228K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited November 2021

for a HDR

hdrpick.png
    1157 x 740 - 185K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    edited November 2021

pointing spotlight - select the spotlight in the bottom right instances box.  In the top right menu, choose 'modifier.'  Click the + symbol to add a modifier.  Find Point At in the drop down menu under modifiers.  Use menu to select the item to point at.  Tip - you can insert blank 'target helpers' to use for pointing the cameras.  That way you can point at the top or bottom or whatever of the object.

HDRI - select the 'scene' in the bottom right.  In the upper right, select the 'background.'  The background menu will have an option for HDRI.  Once selected, a menu will appear with a box to load your HDRI file.  Your file must have the correct extension.  Don't forget to go to the render room and check the box under global illumination for 'sky light.'  You will probably also want to check the box for light through transparency.

aa03 select item to point at.png
    1900 x 970 - 465K
    aa06 in render room check global illumination sky light and light through transparency.png
    685 x 1022 - 261K
    aa05 load hdri in box.png
    1905 x 982 - 508K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Typing same time as Stezza but he beat me to it.  yes

Diomede said:

Typing same time as Stezza but he beat me to it.  yes

shouldn't you be in bed lol yes 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,690

Stezza said:

for the point at

Blank image again !

• Think he deleted his thumb

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Here is a better spotlight with instructions: https://carraracafe.com/lightx-plugin-for-carrara-by-alberto/

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Think he deleted his thumb

its this ridiculous forum software.. when you make one post then make another it loads up both images in the second post so you delete the first image as it shouldn't be there as its already posted and it removes it from the previous post!  angry

• Stezza said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Think he deleted his thumb

its this ridiculous forum software.. when you make one post then make another it loads up both images in the second post so you delete the first image as it shouldn't be there as its already posted and it removes it from the previous post!  angry

Try a refresh after the first post, or close and reopen the thread.

it's the stupid auto saved post when you create a new post when you do as I mentioned above... 

fixed now I'm on the PC cheeky

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited November 2021

thank you so much for your help!!! I didn't utilize carrara since one year, and it's terrific at what speed I forgot some functions!!

Post edited by laverdet_943f1f7da1 on