Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    edited November 2021

More new beta oddities:

This is a Genesis male progression left to right - David G1, Scott G2, Kyle G3, Christian G8 and (mostly) Torment 8.1. They're all all wearing the same suit. All are a different color though and as you can see, the two on the far right are black. Christians is supposed to be red and Torment's is supposed to be yellow. This happens with every spectral rendering scheme, but not if I leave it turned off.

Strange. LOL

Genesis Progression.jpg
    2250 x 1500 - 2M
    Genesis Progression No Spec.jpg
    2250 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

..I don't use spectral rendering. 

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

AllenArt said:

More new beta oddities:

This is a Genesis male progression left to right - David G1, Scott G2, Kyle G3, Christian G8 and (mostly) Torment 8.1. They're all all wearing the same suit. All are a different color though and as you can see, the two on the far right are black. Christians is supposed to be red and Torment's is supposed to be yellow. This happens with every spectral rendering scheme, but not if I leave it turned off.

Strange. LOL

The skin also seems to be undergoing some extreme red shift.

Something is seriously wrong with this "update" ...and they released it right before Thanksgiving???

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,457

i downloadwd it but think I'll hold off on installing.

Leonides02 said:

AllenArt said:

More new beta oddities:

Strange. LOL

The skin also seems to be undergoing some extreme red shift.

Something is seriously wrong with this "update" ...and they released it right before Thanksgiving???

It's true that skins that are already pretty "ruddy" get really red. The ones that are less red don't do too bad. 

....fortunately it's a beta so it doesn't overwrite the 4.15 general release. However I had to sacrifice the 4.11 beta (which I used for rendering with my older GPU that in 4.15 gets part of it's VRAM nerfed by Nvidia setting OptiX Prime set to "always on".  

• I only use the beta for the newest, I use 4.11 otherwise

I browsed to my folders for the 32 and 64 bit and rightclicked send to zip in case I want to roll back before installing yes

edited November 2021

...so is there a way to do a clean install? as I wonder if it didn't fully uninstall the 4.11 beta. In the past, when installing a new version from the old Bitrock installers, usually a dialogue box with a progress monitor popped up while it uninstalled the previous version.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

....fortunately it's a beta so it doesn't overwrite the 4.15 general release. However I had to sacrifice the 4.11 beta (which I used for rendering with my older GPU that in 4.15 gets part of it's VRAM nerfed by Nvidia setting OptiX Prime set to "always on".  

Unfortunately, it is also a general release that showed up in DIM and I installed it on one of my machines; so, my DS4.15 is gone. I really wish I could revert it back. 

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

It looks like a lot of people in this thread are confused, because the beta and the general release are not the same version right now.

The beta is 4.16.1.x and has a new version of Iray and some other features in it. The Iray in the beta has some problems so it is being held back. The new release of 4.16 is 4.16.0.x and is really close to 4.15.0.30 including the exact same verison of Iray, but just some additional code to handle MetaMixer.

So the people saying that 4.16 is rendering differently than 4.15 are likely talking about the beta. If you want to discuss the beta there is a thread for it over in the Daz Studio forums.

• DAZ_Rawb said:

It looks like a lot of people in this thread are confused, because the beta and the general release are not the same version right now.

The beta is 4.16.1.x and has a new version of Iray and some other features in it. The Iray in the beta has some problems so it is being held back. The new release of 4.16 is 4.16.0.x and is really close to 4.15.0.30 including the exact same verison of Iray, but just some additional code to handle MetaMixer.

So the people saying that 4.16 is rendering differently than 4.15 are likely talking about the beta. If you want to discuss the beta there is a thread for it over in the Daz Studio forums.

Thank you. I have downloaded but not yet installed the new edition.

I am wanting to know if we also have to reinstall all our plugins? Sometimes we do if they also had to be updated for the new edition.

DAZ_Rawb said:

....I downloaded and instaled the 4.16.1.2 Beta as I am still actively using the 4.15 general release.. So should I wait for the next beta update to see if the issues I posted on the Beta thread with Skin Builder2 and UHT2 are fixed?

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

DAZ_Rawb said:

Thank you for the clarification, Rawb.

So, for now, the general 4.16 release seems safe. 

The Beta is...really not.

kyoto kid said:

DAZ_Rawb said:

....I downloaded and instaled the 4.16.1.2 Beta as I am still actively using the 4.15 general release.. So should I wait for the next beta update to see if the issues I posted on the Beta thread with Skin Builder2 and UHT2 are fixed?

A simple thing to check to see if thin-film is enabled, we saw a bug with a hair that had a thin film setting of "1". With the new way Iray 2021 renders thin-films it would make a blond hair nearly jet-black, but if you turn the thin film off it renders as it should. In 4.15 (or 4.16.0.x) if you took that same hair and turned the thin film off there was no noticable difference in the way the hair rendered, my guess was it was just accidentally enabled because a setting of "1" doesn't make sense. Nvidia is currently working on fixes for that issue (and a few others), so you should expect to see some beta updates to get those things fixed up, and when that beta learns the true meaning of the holidays and grows up into a real release it will get a version number that is something bigger than 4.16.

If you are running the latest 4.15 already, it should be totally safe to upgrade your normal Studio up to the 4.16 general release. Think of the 4.16.0.x general release as 4.15.0.31 (instead of what 4.15 last relase of 4.15.0.30) but we changed the name to make life easier for the customer support team so that if someone had problem running any of the metamixer content they would be able to ask if they were running 4.16 instead of 4.15.0.31 or above.

edited November 2021

...currently have the 4.15.0.30 general release installed so that would be overwritten by 4.16.0.x.  I'll try turning Thin Film off and see what happens.  If that desn't work no issue waiting for an update to the Public Beta.

ETA

Yeah, that solved it.  For the Hair it was set at 1 and for the skin it had a value of 20  Set the both values to 0 and she looks just fine now. Also did render tests with the setting at 0 in 4.15 to see if there was any difference and there really seems to be no difference at all that I can see. Not sure what that setting does for skin and hair.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562

Fortunately everything is working fine. Lag free and fast.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,260
    edited November 2021

Brynn render 4.15 this one is in my Gallery from Nov sales Daz 3D  Edit: The anniversary sale rendered Nov 4

Brynn render 4.16

Cutie Pie.png
    2000 x 3236 - 5M
    Brynn.png
    2000 x 3236 - 5M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2021

daveso said:

can i just nake a separate install for this new version and keep 4.15? 

You would have to download the .exe version of 4.15 manually and not via DiM, and install it on another drive or custom folder location..  Although getting a hold of 4.15 now maybe a bit problematic..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • PerttiA said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7156981/#Comment_7156981

• Selecting a figure will now cause PowerPose to display the 'default' Template of a given Template Set (if defined) when said Template Set does not contain a Template that is named identically to the currently selected Template of the previously selected figure
    • If a figure was not previously selected, the 'default' Template of a given Template Set (if defined) will be displayed if said Template Set does not contain a Template that is named identically to the global default

I thought I understood english, but that goes over my head... 

Or...  "Herr Mozart, how shall I put this?  Um, there are just too many notes." 

• Ghosty12 said:

daveso said:

can i just nake a separate install for this new version and keep 4.15? 

You would have to download the .exe version of 4.15 manually and not via DiM, and install it on another drive or custom folder location..  Although getting a hold of 4.15 now maybe a bit problematic..

Glad I still have it on my Laptop 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited November 2021

AllenArt said:

More new beta oddities:

Strange. LOL

Interesting. I wrote a bug report last year, or maybe the year before in Sep 2019 actually about Spectral Rendering being turned on seemingly dimming the render brightness but given your results it looks like it removed (added) spectrum wavelengths so that reds & yellows wind up black (which would appear to dim light apparently if you didn't notice the color shift). It looks like blue spectrum was added over all surfaces.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Please be clear whether you are discussing the 4.16.0.x general release or the 4.16.1.x beta - the third number matters greatly at the moment, and a lot of the preceeding posts seem to be about the beta even though this thread is for the General release.

• cridgit - Did you already try a clean restart of the computer? I checked out my set up for like the fifth time, and found out that it wasn't the update that was causing the issue, it was a new Dforce object that I had in scene that was causeing the issue. Once I removed it, everything returned to normal. Otheriwse, I would take it to the Technical forums and see if you can get more troubleshooting for it there. 

edited November 2021

nonesuch00 said:

AllenArt said:

More new beta oddities:

Strange. LOL

Interesting. I wrote a bug report last year, or maybe the year before in Sep 2019 actually about Spectral Rendering being turned on seemingly dimming the render brightness but given your results it looks like it removed (added) spectrum wavelengths so that reds & yellows wind up black. It looks like blue spectrum was added over all surfaces.

This is the beta:

Actually, there was one scheme where the blue turned black as well. Can't remember which one offhand - I'm pretty sure it was xyz (which also made the figures look like red, bloody ghouls. LMAO)

Post edited by AllenArt on

Sorry, I am always talking about the 4.16.1.2 DAZ Studio Pro Public Beta in the forum and in my ticket to DAZ Support about the candleholder in the Men's Victorian Nightclothing. 

I did misunderstand though that the 4.16.0.2 DAZ Studio Pro Release was based of the same iRay version & DAZ Studio Public Beta code base. I should have know they weren't when the splash screens used different splash renders.

edited November 2021

dup

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited November 2021

I am checking the option for working offline when I start Studio.  Yet, when it is running, my computer starts having internet access issues.  And then I get the following warning.  Am I alone?

firewall warning.png
    968 x 647 - 54K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

I am checking the option for working offline when I start Studio.  Yet, when it is running, my computer starts having internet access issues.  And then I get the following warning.  Am I alone?

Sadly that's a known issue. Our previous EV code signing cert expired and the replacement one self-destructed as we were trying to get it integrated into our build system. We have finally gotten a new one shipped after spending a lot of time working through their support system but it has not arrived in time to sign this new update. Depending on how we can get the new code signing system integrated into our older build environment we might either be signing the next version of Studio or a bugfix version of 4.16. We're going to go about it a lot more cautiously this time because that hardware code signing system is pretty touchy, so I think you understand why give any exact timelines for that.