Daz Studio 4.16

Comments

• I installed 4.16.0.3 yesterday and now when I add a new light I can't access the "photometrics" controls, which means I can no longer control the brightness or color temperature of the light. Have these controls just been moved somewhere else?  I can't light my scene...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

DAZ_Rawb said:

Diomede said:

I am checking the option for working offline when I start Studio.  Yet, when it is running, my computer starts having internet access issues.  And then I get the following warning.  Am I alone?

Sadly that's a known issue. Our previous EV code signing cert expired and the replacement one self-destructed as we were trying to get it integrated into our build system. We have finally gotten a new one shipped after spending a lot of time working through their support system but it has not arrived in time to sign this new update. Depending on how we can get the new code signing system integrated into our older build environment we might either be signing the next version of Studio or a bugfix version of 4.16. We're going to go about it a lot more cautiously this time because that hardware code signing system is pretty touchy, so I think you understand why give any exact timelines for that.

Well, it is not something about me, my laptop, or the internet I am trying to access while traveling for the holidays.  Important info.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I have not tried it yet, I installed it via DIM.

I have the previous version as backup, I learned my lesson and always save the previous version of DS before installing the new one.

• Diomede said:

DAZ_Rawb said:

Diomede said:

I am checking the option for working offline when I start Studio.  Yet, when it is running, my computer starts having internet access issues.  And then I get the following warning.  Am I alone?

Sadly that's a known issue. Our previous EV code signing cert expired and the replacement one self-destructed as we were trying to get it integrated into our build system. We have finally gotten a new one shipped after spending a lot of time working through their support system but it has not arrived in time to sign this new update. Depending on how we can get the new code signing system integrated into our older build environment we might either be signing the next version of Studio or a bugfix version of 4.16. We're going to go about it a lot more cautiously this time because that hardware code signing system is pretty touchy, so I think you understand why give any exact timelines for that.

Well, it is not something about me, my laptop, or the internet I am trying to access while traveling for the holidays.  Important info.

Daz Studio will also try to connect, anonymously, if you have the update checks turned on or opted in to the Product Improvement programme - both cotnrolled tghrough Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferecnes for Macs)..

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Thank you, Richard.  I will change my preferences per those suggestions.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

@Diomede Also make sure you have unchecked the preference to automatically login.

• DIM is showing DS 4.16 as available to download, along with some other updates. I would be updating from DS 4.14 (which I've been enjoying immensely); would there be an issue with updating from such an old version?

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,039

It works SLOWER?  What good is it then?  They should be trying to improve it with each version, not make it worse.

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 138

When using the content library search bar, I get an instant crash to desktop 100% of the time after upgrading to 4.16. Never crashed on the previous version. Is this something others are seeing?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    edited November 2021

ArgleSW said:

When using the content library search bar, I get an instant crash to desktop 100% of the time after upgrading to 4.16. Never crashed on the previous version. Is this something others are seeing?

No, both File and Database search seems to work OK here (DS 4.16.0.3 - 64).

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited November 2021

Fauvist said:

It works SLOWER?  What good is it then?  They should be trying to improve it with each version, not make it worse.

Depends on what it is that is slower.  Some features will inevitably become slower when they are being improved/expanded, you can only optimize for speed to a certain extent.  

Post edited by Taoz on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Any intel about what's new about the update dForce that is supposed to come with this version?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...I got the same warning. 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Since I don't use Power Pose I'm going to hide 4.16 in DIM. Better safe than sorry.

• ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132
    edited November 2021

but I threw in some older genesis 8 and where in the passed i would have to tinker for ages to get away from the orange crush look  load up a genesis 8 change it to PBR skin  render in spectral rec709 natural 1964 play around with  the transmitted colour and  to a lighter colour    and see what renders,

I  can say from my observations that the new iray is handling reflections on most surfaces  and skin far better than i have seen before and turned the tango coloured skin normally on a genesis chracter  into a more believable skin tone  eyes reflection  not too sure though.  But every render takes 4 to 5 times as long to render even a simple 1 character no hair or cloths takes 6 mins and more a lot more  2070 card 12 thread amd 32 gig ram

This is beta and Daz Rawb has said that the iray version shipped in the beta has a few kinks .

once they iron those out and the speed hopefully we will have a nice renderer

Post edited by ragamuffin57 on
  • cridgit said:

Gemini Queen said:

cridgit - Did you already try a clean restart of the computer? I checked out my set up for like the fifth time, and found out that it wasn't the update that was causing the issue, it was a new Dforce object that I had in scene that was causeing the issue. Once I removed it, everything returned to normal. Otheriwse, I would take it to the Technical forums and see if you can get more troubleshooting for it there. 

Yes this is day 3 and I haven't been able to finish a scene yet. I've also tried re-creating the scene in 4.16 (somebody suggested old 4.15 scenes were causing problems) but without fail as soon as I try to pose any G8 with non-zero morphs sliders. Studio goes into an infinte loop (well it appears to be infinite because I haven't been able to wait to infinity before killing the process).

I just need to get the 4.15 installer and have asked CS but they're playing email tennis with me now. How much more do I have to hurt?

4.16.0.3, the general release, or 4.16.1.2, the Public Build?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,511

Leonides02 said:

So far, this release sounds like a dumpster fire. I'm not touching it.

I agree with this. 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

...on the contrary, I found the 4.12.0.47 beta release to be one of the most stable versions of the programme I've seen in a while. The only time it would on me was if I was in Iray view mode and exceeded both GPU and system memory.

• Wicked WhompWicked Whomp Posts: 214
    edited November 2021

The only issues I've had since upgrading have to do with some content that had gone missing from smart content, and some ghost information regarding content that I did remove some time back that has begun to appear (think broken icons that lead nowhere). ContentDB Maintenance seemed to fix most of that, however my sort by filters are now entirely wacky, and I'm not going to tinker with that anymore, as I can find my stuff easy enough without those filters. Aside from all that, I'm not noticing any slow down, nor am I experiencing any unusual crashing at the time of writing this.

Post edited by Wicked Whomp on
  • Yes, scenes loading is ridiculously slow in 4.16. The same scene loads around 10 times slower than in 4.15, unfortunately. And it crashes during rendering sometimes. Since my update to 4.16 (2 days ago) I've got 5 crashes. Noting simular was in 4.15

mapinguarii said:

Yes, scenes loading is ridiculously slow in 4.16. The same scene loads around 10 times slower than in 4.15, unfortunately. And it crashes during rendering sometimes. Since my update to 4.16 (2 days ago) I've got 5 crashes. Noting simular was in 4.15

Scene loading time is about the same on both, for me.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,600

This is why I am never an early adopter with software. I truly hope the new version isn't slower since that is one of the main concerns for most I would think, is getting DS to be "more" optimized and run "more" efficiently.

..my decision to adopt the Beta (4.16.1.2) was based on the fact a newer Nvidia driver was specified which meant there was an Iray update.  Well as I found it was a bit buggy in that respect as it is misreading the values for Thin Wall settings since skins and hair on characters were coming out much darker than they should have which was solved when I set the Thin Wall channel value to 0.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

FSMCDesigns said:

This is why I am never an early adopter with software. I truly hope the new version isn't slower since that is one of the main concerns for most I would think, is getting DS to be "more" optimized and run "more" efficiently.

I've been using the 4.16 beta heavily since it was released, and I haven't noticed a single problem with it.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 678

Guess i'll wait a while before upgrading... Considering I am not sure I have a backup install copy of 4.15...

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

Gordig said:

FSMCDesigns said:

I've been using the 4.16 beta heavily since it was released, and I haven't noticed a single problem with it.

Same 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Im running the Public release of 4.16 and everything is working fine for me so far. Load times seem to be about the same.

AHArt said:

Gordig said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Same 

+1