MetaMixer

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited December 2021

Thanks, Catherine3678ab. I made a new G8M last night. I used MetaMixer to start with and then ran the Zevo and 3DU random morph mixing tools to add some additional head morphs. This is how he came out.

Just MetaMixer

MetaMixer plus some additional randomly selected head morphs

G8M MetaMixer Volta Beard_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    G8M MetaMixer Volta Beard_001_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

barbult said:

Thanks, Catherine3678ab. I made a new G8M last night. I used MetaMixer to start with and then ran the Zevo and 3DU random morph mixing tools to add some additional head morphs. This is how he came out.

Just MetaMixer

MetaMixer plus some additional randomly selected head morphs

You are making some very nice characters. Thanks for sharing. 

• orlessanorlessan Posts: 1
    edited December 2021

Is there a way to modify an existing figure using the metamixer (not a metamixer adodn) ?

Post edited by orlessan on
  • Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

orlessan said:

Is there a way to modify an existing figure using the metamixer (not a metamixer adodn) ?

MetaMixer works on Genesis 8 and 8.1, regardless of what character you're using as a starting point.

If you're talking about creating a MetaMixer preset out of a figure you created the answer is no. The feature is not currently available. 

edited December 2021

Thank you, Tugpsx. Here is another I made today from Dasan 8, Michael 8 and Holt 8 and a few blending and sculpting MetaMixer morphs.

BV MM Character 2 with HD for G8M_Camera PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M

Thanks for sharing @barbult. Thats what I like about the MetaMixer the ability to create a unique character from a blended package. Now don't get me wrong, It is not unique enough that someone else could not recreate but they would need your formula or start spinning dials, we are all on DAZ studio after all.

edited December 2021

Tugpsx said:

Thanks for sharing @barbult. Thats what I like about the MetaMixer the ability to create a unique character from a blended package. Now don't get me wrong, It is not unique enough that someone else could not recreate but they would need your formula or start spinning dials, we are all on DAZ studio after all.

Right, it is not really different than using the Parameters pane sliders. It is not "unique" in the sense of a custom sculpted character to be sold. It is just a user selected  combination of morph settings. Other users who own the same morphs could dial in the same character using the same settings. A character preset is just a formula for which morphs are used and what values they have, and optionally what materials to use. Presets don't contain Daz assets, but just references to them in the content library. Presets can be shared; the morphs themselves cannot be shared, because that would be copyright violation.

So I guess that means we may see your presets after all. smiley

Tugpsx said:

So I guess that means we may see your presets after all. smiley

You want one? Whether it works for you or not, will depend on whether you own the same MetaMixer widgets that I do. I believe I used Dasan 8, Dasan 8 HD, Holt 8, Michael 8, Michael 8 HD. This is a shape preset that I saved with the "MetaMixer - Shaping Preset" utility in MetaMixer. I included the preset thumbnail png file.

I don't always save shaping or character presets for characters I mix with MetaMixer. Sometimes I just save the scene.

BV MM Character 2 with HD.png
    91 x 91 - 10K
    duf
    duf
    BV MM Character 2 with HD.duf
    edited December 2021

@barbult Thanks for the character, he loads up fine and renders very well. Loaded G8 base and merge your file then quick render.

CaptureBVMMTest.PNG
    745 x 846 - 1M
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

yes

If you open his mouth, you will see some bad teeth gaps caused by me widening his mouth and teeth with one of the MetaMixer PoseControls. I would have preferred an overal tooth scaling instead of the big top and bottom gap.

edited December 2021

Actually not bad, it adds a unique flavor to the character. 

CaptureBVMMTest2.PNG
    589 x 618 - 766K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

A top tooth gap is fairly common, I think, but the bottom tooth gap looked very strange to me.

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

barbult said:

yes

If you open his mouth, you will see some bad teeth gaps caused by me widening his mouth and teeth with one of the MetaMixer PoseControls. I would have preferred an overal tooth scaling instead of the big top and bottom gap.

The PowerPose MetaMixer template has shortcuts to the basic Gen 8.1 expressions. They are useful for exactly these sort of cases. You can change the shape of the teeth using the TEETH controller found in the Blending mode. The mouth itself can also be changed without affecting the teeth by using the MOUTH controller alone. Next to the MOUTH controller there's a controlled called MOUTH + TEETH which changes both together.

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

yes

The PowerPose MetaMixer template has shortcuts to the basic Gen 8.1 expressions. They are useful for exactly these sort of cases. You can change the shape of the teeth using the TEETH controller found in the Blending mode. The mouth itself can also be changed without affecting the teeth by using the MOUTH controller alone. Next to the MOUTH controller there's a controlled called MOUTH + TEETH which changes both together.

Thanks for the tips! I was using G8M. I guess I should start using G8.1 Male instead so I can use those expressions. I was aware of the separate mouth and mouth+teeth controls, but I thought if I did just the mouth, that his teeth wouldn't fit in the mouth anymore. I'll experiment. Thanks for monitoring this thread and helping us get the most out of MetaMixer.

edited December 2021

Thanks for the tips on the teeth issue. The character presets are great they even work in Octane. here is a quick render.

CaptureBVMMTest2Octane.PNG
    789 x 653 - 376K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
    edited December 2021

Here is a new guy. This is G8.1 Male (so could use the expressions to check the teeth). This used Holt, Kwan and Michael + Michael HD. I dialed body morphs afterward.

G8.1M MetMixer Holt Kwan Michael with body mods_006_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    edited December 2021

nonesuch00 said:

MetaMixer Toolkit | Daz 3D or 200 Plus Puppeteer Interface for Genesis 8 and 8.1 | Daz 3D style product request for the following products:

1) Face Morphs Collection for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D

2) Face Morphs Collection for Genesis 8 Male | Daz 3D

3) Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8 | Daz 3D

Please?!

Are you asking for recommendation or presets related tot he products?

MetaMixer Toolkit is currently FREE and can be used without the addons but work best with the added profiles. I also have tthe 200 plus heads and face morphs for Genesis male and female. I did not get the puppeteer asset since MetaMixer already provides these tasks. The pupeteer interface requires the other 2 assets but the assets dont require the pupeteer.

The face morph collections are also good and you can mix custom shapes.

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited December 2021

Tugpsx said:

nonesuch00 said:

MetaMixer Toolkit | Daz 3D or 200 Plus Puppeteer Interface for Genesis 8 and 8.1 | Daz 3D style product request for the following products:

1) Face Morphs Collection for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D

2) Face Morphs Collection for Genesis 8 Male | Daz 3D

3) Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8 | Daz 3D

Please?!

Are you asking for recommendation or presets related tot he products?

MetaMixer Toolkit is currently FREE and can be used without the addons but work best with the added profiles. I also have tthe 200 plus heads and face morphs for Genesis male and female. I did not get the puppeteer asset since MetaMixer already provides these tasks. The pupeteer interface requires the other 2 assets but the assets dont require the pupeteer.

The face morph collections are also good and you can mix custom shapes.

No, the 200 Plus Puppenteer is designed to work with it's 2 Male/Female 200 Head Morphs products. I'd like the 3 products I listed to similarly work in such a product now that all 3 products are DAZ Originals.

MetaMixer requires a product of Head shape morph presets for the three products I listed to be able to use in the A, B, or C MM slots. There currently is no way to use in as the morph targeters, only as the morph target.

I'm asking for a product that works like MetaMixer or 200 Plus Puppeteer so that the large number of head morphs in the three products I listed can be used in the MetaMixer or 200 Plus Puppeteer "sculpting GUI" which is much more intuitive and fussy than searching and scrolling in thos very long lists of "Shaping" parameter settings tab.

It could be even a 3rd Puppeteer "sculpting" product for those 3 products although it makes sense to do the integration of the three RareStone now DAZ Original products into one of the two above or at least have the GUI function, for a new product, in the same way.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited December 2021

I added Clara 8.1 MetaMixer widget to my library

BV MM G8F Character 5 Clara Nida Sukai rigging and eyes adjusted Jane Body_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M

barbult said:

I added Cara 8.1 MetaMixer widget to my library

Very cute. I bought Clara MetaMixer also. 

Tugpsx said:

barbult said:

That is all I bought - not the character or any bundle. 

barbult said:

Tugpsx said:

barbult said:

That is all I bought - not the character or any bundle. 

Same here mixing her with CB Sabah right now. 

When I load the Hans 8.1 MetaMixer Widget A, Widget B, or Widget C, it loads Holt 8 morphs instead (as shown in the Parameters pane Currently Used).  Is the name of the morphs wrong, or is the shape entirely wrong? How did this pass testing and QA?

barbult said:

When I load the Hans 8.1 MetaMixer Widget A, Widget B, or Widget C, it loads Holt 8 morphs instead (as shown in the Parameters pane Currently Used).  Is the name of the morphs wrong, or is the shape entirely wrong? How did this pass testing and QA?

In my DAZ install I own the Drutherson Metamixer Presets and The Brute HD and what shows up in my G8.1M base is Holt, The Brute, Drutherson, and The Brute HD. Likewise, similarly for the G8.1F base, only the females included with the MM freebie, Topsy MM, Topsy HD show up.

If Hans isn't showing up in the MM parameters it's wrong and a mistake in the product because you can't apply his morph numbers if they aren't loaded in the base male.

Daz has issued an update to the Hans 8.1 MetaMixer Add-On (which was originally loading Holt 8 morphs instead). I believe it is correct now.

edited December 2021

An interesting thing about MetaMixer is that it lets you use Genesis 8.1 MetaMixer morphs on Genesis 8. At least I loaded Genesis 8 Male and used MetaMixer to mix Hans 8.1 into him. I don't really know how that worked????

Hans 81 in G8M.jpg
    587 x 514 - 63K
    edited December 2021

Here is Hans 8.1 MetaMixed into Genesis 8 male. He has Edward 8's materials and HD Details.

MetaMixer G8M with Hans 8.1 Edward Skin_002_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    MetaMixer G8M with Hans 8.1 Edward Skin close_001_Default Camera (2).jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M

barbult said:

An interesting thing about MetaMixer is that it lets you use Genesis 8.1 MetaMixer morphs on Genesis 8. At least I loaded Genesis 8 Male and used MetaMixer to mix Hans 8.1 into him. I don't really know how that worked????

It must be loaded into 8.1 base & 8 base then is the only way. I've never looked around in those data folders but if the 8.1 eyes have different geometry then the 8 eyes as was stated by DAZ 3D then they must have separate base figures for 8 & 8.1