Daz Studio and Old Poser Assets

I used Poser for years on a Windows machine and have...some...assets.  Then I stopped using for a few years.  I recently decided to start back up and bought and installed Poser on my new Mac tower.  I installed some of the assets (from Daz and elsewhere) that I had in the past.  But there were some compatibility problems.

Then I came across Daz Studio for the Mac and installed it.  So far, so good.  But when I look at my "Products" tab, I see A LOT of assets that I'm pretty sure I bought on Daz3D, but did not yet install in Daz Studio.

So my newbie question is:  Are all those assets things that are linked by virtue of my Daz3D online *account*?  Or are they things that I've Poser-installed?  (Because I'm pretty sure I didn't install everything into Poser that's showing up.)

Thanks.

Comments

• That's tricky to say. if you alowed Daz Studio to connect to your daz account then I'd suspect theya re just your rpevious purchases showing up - especially if the product thumbnmail is monochrome. However, if you have told Daz Studio where your Poser content was isntalled (it won't set that content diectory by default) then it might also include things you have already installed.

• Thanks for the insight.  Your note about the thumbnail being monochrome seems to jibe with the notion that it's pulling the lists from my online DAZ accont.  So this leads me to another quandry / question.

I'm still having LOTS of trouble finding / managing my assets.  It drives me crazy to no end that everything seems to be shot-gunned across multiple directories / tabs.  And now I have to mix in what I do have installed vs what I don't.  <sigh>. /rant off.

My question: I have lots of old assets that I probalby won't use any time soon, but don't want to get rid of (after all I paid for them).  Is there a way in the online DAZ store where my assets are listed and set a flag for "Don't show this item in DAZ Studio" ?  Then I could turn on only the things I thought I'd be needing and the rest just won't show up until I go to my online library and turn them on again?

• Daz Install Manager has an option to hide in the right-click menu, With Connect I don't think you can hide things, but you can delete their metadata by right-clic k and it sill stay gone until you connect Daz Studio to the Daz store again.