Rendered image get cropped.

Good day all.

I'm noticing this annoiyng behaviour, I'll try to explain it.

When the scene start to get complicated, I mean, there are lot of props, some figures, lights, and I'm near the moment I'll render the final scene, the renders (and the iray render preview) starts to act strangely.

The rendered Imges seems to be "zoomed" compared to the active viewport one (I mean the viewport with the yellow border which should means that tath is the angle rendered)

I'm trying to figure out what causing it, na dif I can make it stop, because rendering with this behaviour is very difficult, because I have to "think that the image will be zommed"...

I suspect that this is something connected with the cache... or the RAM... I don't know, does anyone has some informations about this ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• update 1:

seems thta zooming in and out, and sligthly moving the viewport, before rendering, is solving this issue, in particular, seems that the zooming in and out is the key thing to do...

I'll update with more information as I try new things :S

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Did you set your camera to "Use Local Dimensions" and override the viewport dimensions? Because it'll render at whatever dimension you choose.

• Also, do you have the Aspect Frame (which shows what will render) enabled in the Vireport you are using (it's in the option menu, the lined button in the top-right corner assuming you haven't docked the controls)

• Thanks for the tips!

well, the use local dimension is on, and the frame is showing what I suppose to be rendered, but after some test, I strongly suppose is a matter of temp file or cache, because the same axact render could be "cropped", then if I barely zoom in and out to the same position, the render is ok.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    peorthyr said:

Thanks for the tips!

well, the use local dimension is on, and the frame is showing what I suppose to be rendered, but after some test, I strongly suppose is a matter of temp file or cache, because the same axact render could be "cropped", then if I barely zoom in and out to the same position, the render is ok.

If you have the Aspect Frame enabled, then what you see should be what renders. The only exception I can think of is if you accidentally changed some of the camera's lens properties, like the lens shift or distortion.