Are older versions of DAZ still available?

24_Seven24_Seven Posts: 31
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm seeing that there are a lot of useful plug-ins for DAZ that only run on the older versions like DAZ3. I only got into DAZ recently and have 4.7 installed on my Mac. Is there a way I can get 3.5 (for example) so I could run these plug-ins? They do not have corresponding plug-ins available for the current version. Would having more than one version of DAZ installed cause conflicts?

Thanks.

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

The older versions of DAZ Studio are not available unless you had them when they were released. In the latter case the last version of the series (i.e. 2.x, 3.x) that was released would be in your product library. For example, I have version 3.1.X in my product library (there was no 3.5, BTW). If, like yourself, one did not have those earlier versions when they were released, there is no way to get them, unfortunately.

• 24_Seven24_Seven Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Bummer. Nothing new tho. Seems most all the developers are the same. Run the risk of alienating 3rd party developers though. But that's rarely much of a consideration. I'm forced to be running several operating systems just to run my older software. Forward! (more or less)

Thanks for the reply.