How about a frequent buyer program?

I would like to suggest a frequent buyer program. Buyers whose purchases for the month are in the top 40% of purchases made, reach Bronze status and receive a 1% store credit for all of their purchases made. Buyers who are in the top 20%, reach Silver status and in addition to the 1% from the Bronze level, get an additional 2% for a total of 3% store credit. Finally, buyers who are in the top 10%, reach Gold status and in addition to the 3% from the Silver level, get an additional 4% for a total of 7% store credit.

Top 40% = Bronze = 1% Credit
Top 20% = Silver = 3% Credit
Top 10% = Gold = 7% Credit

Not only would this be beneficial to the buyers but it would also be beneficial to DAZ because it would encourage extra sales especially as it got closer to the end of the month because people would make extra purchases hoping that those extra purchases will push them to the Bronze level or to the Silver level or the Gold level.

Comments

  • 3WC said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/daz-plus

    I saw that. I was suggesting that this be incorporated into that. It would reward the people that spend the most money AND it would encourage more sales because people will spend more hoping that that one extra pirchase might put them in the bronze level and earn them 1% or that one extra purchase will move them from bronze to silver and move them from 1% to 3% off  or that one extra purchase will move them from silver to gold and move them from 3% to 7% off.

  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,487

    Not just no, but Heck No!

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 31,429

    and loot boxes and a bonus NFT angry

  • Ascania said:

    Not just no, but Heck No!

    May I ask why not? I see this as a win-win for frequent buyers and for DAZ.  This month, I spent 526.84 on DAZ products. I don't kow if that is high or low but let's assume it qialifies me to be in the top 40%. That would mean that I would be entitled to a store credit of $5.27

    Would it really hurt DAZ to give me five dollar in store credit when I spent over five hundred? I think not. But wait! Maybe I'm only $24 away from reaching silver. Would I spent $24 to boast my store credit from $5 to $18? Of course I would. Or, maybe I am already to the silver level entitled to a store credit of $15.80 and spending $24 more will move me to the gold level and a $42 savings.

    This will encourage more sales and will reward frequent buyers.

  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,927

    If one can afford a large Gift Card during a Gift Card sale, it's a great way to "Reward" yourself.  DAZ is giving you free money! 
    It's not unusual for DAZ to offer 20% Off Gift Card or higher during a Gift Card sale.

  • rcourtri_789f4b1c6brcourtri_789f4b1c6b Posts: 115
    edited November 27

    Drogo Nazhur said:

    Would it really hurt DAZ to give me five dollar in store credit when I spent over five hundred? I think not. But wait! Maybe I'm only $24 away from reaching silver. Would I spent $24 to boast my store credit from $5 to $18? Of course I would. 

     

    Wait.  So you're willing to spend an additional $24 on products (that you would not have bought otherwise) to save $13 more?

    Clearly we're getting at pricing/discounting strategies which won't appeal to people who have reasonable ability with math.  I'm not seeing how a relatively small discount is likely to make a difference to the consumer who can find $500+ worth of stuff to buy at the Daz shop in the typical month.  I suspect most people buying $6,000 or more per year are either "Money is no object"-types (who can't really be motivated by a discount because money is devalued or valueless to them) or people spending almost compulsively (who might not be thinking critically or practically about the purchase anyway).

    Better ideas to boost consumer spending:

    1. More of a commitment to complete and up-to-date documentation of Daz Studio.  Make a systematic effort at customer education.  Most Daz users are confronted with strange terminology and, tabs and functions which are likely mystifying to them.  This is important for new users so they don't abandon Daz after a few weeks.

    2. Emphasize speed and responsiveness of Daz Studio and content over incremental improvements in other areas--Content loading, dForce, and rendering all take too long for most of us.  If you don't finish your current project, why by more stuff?

    3. Improve the mechanics of the store, especially item categorization, showing related product on the page, and search.

    4. Thoughtfully survey the current customer base about what they choose to buy, and what they don't buy, and why,  Past sales are an imperfect (at best) indicator of future sales--tastes change, and markets get saturated with product.

     

     

    Post edited by rcourtri_789f4b1c6b on
  • Lindsey said:

    If one can afford a large Gift Card during a Gift Card sale, it's a great way to "Reward" yourself.  DAZ is giving you free money! 
    It's not unusual for DAZ to offer 20% Off Gift Card or higher during a Gift Card sale.

    I never saw more than 20% but I always try to take advantage of the of 10%-20% off.

Sign In or Register to comment.