realistic looking female faces

cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everybody!
I'm an absolute beginner with Daz3d, so I need a bit of help.
Where can I find female characters or just headmorphs which look realistic?
Realistic male characters I do find enough- male faces on Daz have natural colored eyelids, wrinkles around mouth, eyes and forehead, they show a nasolabial fold, furrows at the base of the nose and skin imperfections, so they look fairly real.
By contrast nearly all faces of young women I find look like over-perfect porcellan dolls with pouting lips, and their bodies are a cross-over between anorexic models and big-busted superwomen. Barbie looks almoust human in contrast to some of them.
Do you know any characters of young women who look "normal"?
The best so far I found is MyLin V4 , but even she looks very much doll-like.

By the way- I was advised to buy Victoria 4.2 .
Do Victoria 4 Models like MyLin V4 work with Victoria 4.2 ?
I would appreciate any help, as the documentation of Daz3d is a bit confusing, to say the least, and doesn't seem to answer such questions.

Thanks you for taking the time and read my question.
Charly

Comments

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the fun world of DAZ addiction :)

Anything that says it works with V4 or V4.2 is interchangeable.And if you pick up the V4 morphs as well as the V4 base you can take any of those characters and add to them. i.e. bigger/smaller breasts, longer/shorter legs, thicker thighs, bigger /smaller eyes, etc etc. So even if you don't particularly like everything about a character set, you can tweak it.

Your best bet is to grab the starter set as it contains both base and morphs at a discounted rate:

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-complete

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited December 1969

Just bought that bundle, thank you. So I'll start tweaking Victoria and try to give her a more realistic look.
    Nevertheless, if anybody knows an existing morph with more realistic features, I would be glad for a hint.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,337
    edited December 1969

Are you strictly looking at V4 characters or are you considering other figures as well (Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, etc.)?

For Victoria 4.2, here are a few possibilities:

DAZ 3D "Elite" series, including Elite Skin Textures, Elite Body Shapes, Elite Ethnic Faces, etc.
    I am by Virtual World - a morph package good for adding realistic "flaws" or for creating exaggerated caricatures - take a look at Virtual World's other products too
    3D Celebrity has a variety of female characters, including some realistic older women
    characters by Phoenix1966 (better known for her male characters, but she has three realistic women, too)
    characters by Raiya (they do tend to be the "supermodel type," but they're realistic rather than doll-like)

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

IMO - Genesis 2 is the only way to go. IMO.

Since you went with V4, check out the Metropolitan skins over on renderosity.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited December 1969

Thank you!
    These links show traits I can use, yes, and the Metropolitan collection has some very nice skins. Looks like a good starting point.