Behaviour when opening Bryce

Usually, when i launched Bryce, document setup and some other stuff was similar to "last opened file". So if i worked on 4:3 aspect ratio file last time, when i open Bryce again i get same proposition for blank document already.

However, at some point this behaviour changed. And now it defaults to some other setting instead of mimicking most previously opened file.

Is this a glitch or can be changed somewhere?

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,108

akmerlow - start an empty scene and set everything as you like it to start with: document size and aspect ratio, camera setting (save it), sky setting, etc. Then save this "scene" with the name "default" (default.br7) to the main folder where your Bryce is installed (I have it on D:\raytracing\Renderer\Bryce\Bryce71\Bryce.exe - and here is also default.br7). Whenever you start Bryce, the "scene" default.br7 is loaded.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Thanks. But can you achieve an opposite effect also? Instead of one defined default, "follow last opened"? Like it was for me until recently (and i don't know what have changed).

I don't know about such a shortcut. I haven't found it in the 9 page PDF that lists all short-cuts. When Bryce is up. [Ctrl]+[n] opens the Document Setup dialogue for a new document, [Ctrl]+[Alt]+N (or [Alt Gr]+[n]) opens the Document Setup dialogue for the opened document.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited November 2021

Акмерлоу :

Usually, when i launched Bryce, document setup and some other stuff was similar to "last opened file". So if i worked on 4:3 aspect ratio file last time, when i open Bryce again i get same proposition for blank document already.

However, at some point this behaviour changed. And now it defaults to some other setting instead of mimicking most previously opened file.

Is this a glitch or can be changed somewhere?

Open Edit \ Preferences, you will get this window. Put the necessary checkboxes and you will be happy.

preferences.jpg
    310 x 281 - 26K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
    edited November 2021

I just checked that, and it has "launch to previous state" yet it's not working like that...

So i come to conclusion, something got broken / glitched somewhere (i blame modern windows, of course).

Even if i temporarly enable "to default state" (which works), and then return again "to previous state", when i launch again it doesnt do it, but instead uses something else.

I would not like to reinstall Bryce so far, so i would give up and just go with a way of default states, then.

p.s.

I never start bryce from files, only starting bryce itself. Always did like that.

Post edited by akmerlow on

I haven't thought about that. Funny enough, I also have it at Launch to previous state but it loads (as I wish) the default.br7 file.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

I often launch Bryce from a file which is not finished yet. Easy way to get where I want to continue. Also my preferred way to create variants of existing renders, which I tend to do, because I am lazy enough not to always want to start from scratch.

edited December 2021

I need to apologize.

Solution was easy: it's not enough to close and/or save document together with Bryce and then open. Instead, you need to make a new document from opened scene that you wanted, after which Bryce "remembers" it and then, after relaunch, uses its settings. 

Post edited by akmerlow on

akmerlow - interesting, no need to apologise. Good you found the trick, I never thought about that.