Why, just why ... oh and how to fix? [fixed] {with regards to MetaMixer}

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009

Installed 4.16, made a test render with G8 Female. All went well.

Installed the new metamixer and a few other purchases.

Today I tried using metamixer on G8.1 following the instructions, it needs work BUT does seem to work. Takes too long to remove an A, B or C using the preset. Works eventually.

Meta character for V8 does not produce icons in the scene.

Anyhow, made a morph, saved a preset using the preset icon in the metadata folder. Have no idea yet whether or not it works.

Sent the morphed figure over the bridge to Hexagon and returned it to a "fresh" load of G8.1F

Made the morph, polished the rigging and saved the morph.

Added a backdrop and rendered an image.

There are no words I'm allowed in any forum in any language to describe how I feel about this right now.

Also in D/S4.16 - Genesis 8.1 Female takes a long time to load ... because it's taking too long not finding stuff. Seems different venders are using different IDs for Genesis 8 Female ; Genesis8Female ; etc.

So if one adds the variants to the add-on script -- then it loads REAL fast ... because it's not loading any of G8's morphs.

If one adds the entire script section over again for the variant, then one gets a longer load time again AND the duplicate error message.

n.b. If I load G8Female, none of these error messages show.

I opened D/S, cleared the log, loaded G8.1F and this is the log: And it won't print in here, great. Attached .txt file.

First MM morph plus an expression.png
1000 x 1000 - 773K
txt
txt
needs fixing.txt
3M
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,414

Most of the warnings in your log are about not finding the G8 base expressions, which are disabled by default every time you update Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited November 2021

PerttiA said:

Most of the warnings in your log are about not finding the G8 base expressions, which are disabled by default every time you update Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Okay, thank you for interpreting that file.

I loaded a fresh instance of D/S and tried rendering again. First with G8 and then with G8.1, same settings ... and this time it all worked :-) So hopefully that black render was the first and last.

Then I tried applying a skin texture FOR 8.1 to 8.1, it loaded, tried to render that, and "poof" - remarkably fast. Think we've discovered a new way to close the program. Sigh.

I have a headache morph.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Hay! That's what they were looking for :-) I removed the folders in G8.1's morph folder [actually I tuck them into a zip folder in case I want them later], and the fresh load had a lot fewer error messages. In the Expressions folder I had 120 files however they were all 'empty.'

I may be mistaken but I think when the program is "hanging" it's not counting that as part of the load time.

The shaping preset I made with the metamixer did NOT work. I tried a variety of options, none of them worked. So best I can determine for now is to make a new morph of whatever mixture one wants to keep for themselves. When trying the method for saving the shape via Genesis 8.1, it recognizes all the morph options for metamixer but it will not apply them to a fresh G8.1. Opening the file, the morphs are listed BUT are all "0,0."

For trying to save a shaping preset for the Metamixer, there is nothing in the panel to select or deselect.

txt
    txt
    Thank you, works.txt
  • I can't even get Metamixer to do anything. :/

• bear in mind, since it works with HD morphs you cannot send anything returnable subdivided to Hexagon 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

bear in mind, since it works with HD morphs you cannot send anything returnable subdivided to Hexagon 

Well I think it did pretty good re: that image I posted. Figure is at base resolution, presets were adjusted, figure travelled both ways, morph was made. Figure was returned to level 2 SubD, level 1 render SubD.

Granted if you want to see pores, yes you would want to dial in some more HD in D/S afterwards and turn the SubD up, etc. If your system can handle it. Mine can handle level 2 SubD, level 1 render subD. If I jack it up to 4 or 5 - guaranteed crash.

edited November 2021

bvgiroux_fbbb1654d3 said:

I can't even get Metamixer to do anything. :/

Okay ... I got 8.1F working as that's the image above BUT 8.1M does NOT work, period. Reading through the files [which we shouldn't have to do] I realized there was no mention of 8.1 ... the log file indicated that the metamixer could not find its own files. So, cleared the scene, actually opened a fresh instance of D/S [faster than clearing scenes], and loaded in Genesis 8 Male ... bingo! G8M NOT G8.1M works. Update: I had a bad add-on file for G8.1 that needed to be replaced and now all should be well. All figures should now be working :-)

n.b. Not all the options work. However I did find some that do.

MetaMixer works on G8M.png
    1600 x 1000 - 686K
    Genesis 8 Male.png
    823 x 707 - 402K
    edited November 2021

Reading over the pages a little more, it could be that this will work on both 8.1 as well as 8 -- IF one has the appropriate metafile preset. It's been another long week -- those also come in "for 8" and "for 8.1" -- which may explain why some worked better than others in my initial testing.

{for anybody "new" to all this, normally 8.1 reads the morphs for 8 - but 8 will not read the morphs for 8.1}.

... and then I recalled somebody had been playing around with the add-on files ... so I had to get a correct add-on file for G8.1M so now that should work with the G8M morphs too.

• By George!  That did it!  I purged out those morphs and voila!  It's working just tickety boo with G8.1F and G8.1M

Never thought to try G8F and G8M first...

• bvgiroux_fbbb1654d3 said:

By George!  That did it!  I purged out those morphs and voila!  It's working just tickety boo with G8.1F and G8.1M

Never thought to try G8F and G8M first...

And this is why the forums are such a blessing, with team work we can figure out how to use various elements with Daz Studio and just maybe have some time left over to make a few renders. laugh

• Each time I want to double click on the metamixer setup to open it, it says "Not Responding" and then my screen starts loading (but new loads) and it asks me to close the tab. Why is my metamixer not working (it was 10$ it should take me 3 hours to figure it out)

• artastic.acrylics said:

Each time I want to double click on the metamixer setup to open it, it says "Not Responding" and then my screen starts loading (but new loads) and it asks me to close the tab. Why is my metamixer not working (it was 10$ it should take me 3 hours to figure it out)

Did you ever figure out why that's happening? I've been having the same problem recently.