I'll never understand daz sales

DekeDeke Posts: 1,602

So a lot of stuff is on sale today, and I have a coupon. I put a bunch of stuff in a cart and apply the coupon. But if I remove even one item from that group, the price of everything else actually goes up. What gives?

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Deke said:

So a lot of stuff is on sale today, and I have a coupon. I put a bunch of stuff in a cart and apply the coupon. But if I remove even one item from that group, the price of everything else actually goes up. What gives?

Maybe you're removing the new item that's necessary for some part of the discount? 

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,602

I thought about that, but I don't think the item I removed is a new item. It's been on my wishlist for months. And I've tried removing different items and have the same effect. The coupon us a percentage off my order, so not really linked to any new item.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Deke said:

I thought about that, but I don't think the item I removed is a new item. It's been on my wishlist for months. And I've tried removing different items and have the same effect. The coupon us a percentage off my order, so not really linked to any new item.

I see, then best take a screenshot of your cart and post it over in the sales thread for the mods to have a look at it! 

• Which coupon, and what is in your cart?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,602

Doh...turns out Tsroemi was right and I was mistaken. There was a sneaky new item amongst the dozen items in the cart and that had some knock-on effect separate from the coupon I was using. Now the super tricky tactic is to find the cheapest "new" item and have that in the cart to trigger all the other mark downs.  Thanks for the help.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Having a "New Release" (release from today) or "Still New Release" (not today but has the green "New" slash across to top corner) will using cause other items in you cart to discount further.