Iray not rendering

2»

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,402

Looking at the 4.12 log,

Two things stand out, you are logging in/signing in to DS (stop doing it) and DS has problems connecting to the database.

The 2060 is rendering the scene, starting over and over again, a 'million' times until it encounters a problem and cannot continue any longer...

Are you using Iray viewport or rendering animation/video?

phoenixtm said:

Fishtales said:

Your video driver is showing as 27.21.14.5148, mine is 30.0.14.7247 so yours is older.

Previous screenshot was before update I now have version 30.0.14.7247

I've attached the full log files after trying to render again without CPU fallback and then with CPU fallback.

How did you install the Nvidia drivers, just the drivers or everything and the kitchen sink?

Your log says: "1.1   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060): compute capability 7.5, 6.000 GiB total, 5.045 GiB available", the difference is 0.955GiB with no monitors attached.
    My log says:  "1.1   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER): compute capability 7.5, 8.000 GiB total, 7.730 GiB available, display attached", the difference is just 0.27GiB with three 1920x1200 monitors attached to it. (btw using drivers 456.38 with DS 4.15.0.2)

I'm thinking the kitchen sink installed with the Nvidia drivers, may somehow be messing with the card - Has not been uncommon 'feature' of the bloatware installed with the GPU drivers.

Went through your rendering settings and you could try setting "Noise Degrain Filtering" = 0 and for testing purposes remove all the lights from the scene and use Environment Mode "Sun-Sky Only"

Are you running any other programs/utilities that could be messing with the GPU at the same time with DS?

Before blaiming the 2060, I would re-attach the monitor(s) to the 2060, disable the integrated GPU in the motherboard bios, remove it's drivers and reinstall the Nvidia drivers (just the bare minimum, plain drivers) - Maybe try also physically removing and reinstalling the 2060 in case it has developed a bad contact.

One other thing came to mind... You could try the 2060 in another slot on the motherboard.

• PerttiA said:

phoenixtm said:

Fishtales said:

Your video driver is showing as 27.21.14.5148, mine is 30.0.14.7247 so yours is older.

Previous screenshot was before update I now have version 30.0.14.7247

I've attached the full log files after trying to render again without CPU fallback and then with CPU fallback.

Before blaiming the 2060, I would re-attach the monitor(s) to the 2060, disable the integrated GPU in the motherboard bios, remove it's drivers and reinstall the Nvidia drivers (just the bare minimum, plain drivers) - Maybe try also physically removing and reinstalling the 2060 in case it has developed a bad contact.

Yes, the onboard graphics is using some of your system memory since it shares system ram. Good catch. I overlooked that. I agree with a bad connection could be the problem.

• On a side note. Once I installed my RTX my onboard graphics don't work nor can find a reference to the onboard graphics anymore in my bios. Monitor just kept blinking HDMI1 until I plugged it in the RTX would I get a picture, Tried plugging one in the RTX one in the board it kept flashing the same thing. Windows couldn't find it when I searched for monitors. Every system is so different. Like Forest said, "Life is like a box of chocolates".

AgitatedRiot said:

PerttiA said:

Yes, the onboard graphics is using some of your system memory since it shares system ram. Good catch. I overlooked that. I agree with a bad connection could be the problem.

I was thinking memory ranges, I/O ranges and IRQ's, although they haven't been a problem with current hardware anymore, when everything else fails, get back to basics.

• Nowadays IRQ should never be a problem like in the old days. What freaking nightmare at times.

AgitatedRiot said:

Nowadays IRQ should never be a problem like in the old days. What freaking nightmare at times.

Operative word being "Should not" 

• It looks like I might have it working.

I rolled back the NVIDIA drivers to 461.92 Studio Drivers and its rendering correctly in both viewport and final render.

This is still using Daz 4.12. Im going to try 4.16 and see what happens. 

I think i installed/reinstalled 5 different driver versions before it started working. So likely it was a driver issue. 

Ill let you know how I go with DS 4.16

• So it was working with 4.16. But now seems to have stopped again. Adobe Preimere can no longer recognise CUDA as the rendering GPU. 

So it's not an issue with DS.