Sylvian HD - crashing app

Hi,

I have an issue with Sylvian HD model (Sylvian HD for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D). Every time I use her with another genesis 8 models, it crashes the application by simply killing the exe process, bypassing the crash pop-up where I can submit a bug.

I am using for her the same settings I used for two years with other genesis 8 HD models (High resolution with Subdivision level to 1 and Render SubD Level to 2) and I am not using other shapes on her.

I know that this is an issue related to this model because in other situations I could render up to three or four genesis 8 HD characters, all in one scene and visible. I tried using this model, with no clothes and hair, to isolate the problem to see if it's due to the model itself or the clothes/hair and I the issue was reproduced no matter what.

Can I submit a bug or offer feedback to the artist in hopes that this is going to be fixed? I am asking because I used her for some scenes in my game and I am too far in the story to change her model.

Thanks

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

My guess is it is her lashes.

Newer Iray has apparently a problem with tif files, and looking in the file list there is a tif file for the lashes.

• felis Apparently it worked. Yeeeeyangel. I will do some tests to see if this was the real issue or I was just lucky, but nevertheless, I thank you.

On another note, shouldn't this be forwarded to someone so that this may be fixed?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,020

You should open a support ticket so that Daz is made aware of the issue. They won't see a post in the forums.