Is there a tutorial on how to adjust hair?

KittiKitti Posts: 77
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Salutations!

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on how to pose or shape hair. I purchased HR-102 by Ali on Renderosity and I'm using it with V4.2. Initially it looks great, but as you can see there's a lot of collision around the neck & shoulders and the bangs are like right in front of her face.

Is there a way to "pose" the hair or move it around so it flows organically, and if so how? I've been poking around some of the parameters but none of them make very fluid or natural adjustments.

Up until now I've always worked my posing and outfits around the hair but I think it's time I really figured this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

001.png
346 x 346 - 226K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,958
    edited December 1969

With luck there will either be bones in the tails, allowing them to be posed, or morphs, probably in the neck or head bone, that will allow adjustment. There's no special technique you need, just use the supplied tools. If there aren't any morphs or bones then you are going to have to use DForms to adjust the mesh - there should be tutorials on using those, the techniques will carry over from adjusting clothing to adjusting hair.

• KittiKitti Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Would Poser or Hexagon have better tools for this task or are D-Formers the best choice? I tried using D-Formers on something once before I found it frustrating and tedious so I'm crossing my fingers hoping there's another way :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,958
    edited December 1969

Poser's magnets are pretty much the same as DS Dorms. Hexagon would let you create custom morphs which you could then load into DS (or Poser), which might be easier in that it is a dedicated modelling tool but you would still be manipulating the mesh and you'd be learning a new application (unless you are already a Hexagon user).