Peter Pan outfit

Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,027
edited November 2021 in Product Suggestions

Looking for a Peter Pan style type of outfit for either G2M, G3M or G8M.

Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,240

I was thinking something for Genesis: https://www.daz3d.com/adventure-land-outfit

• nemesis10 said:

I was thinking something for Genesis: https://www.daz3d.com/adventure-land-outfit

I have this outfit. I would like a version of it for either G3M or G8M.

• Thank you everyone for the recommendations.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,240
    edited November 2021

I did a very quick and crude autofit so you could see what Adventure Land looks like.  It should be easy to do a true G8 fit.

PeterPan.jpeg
    1553 x 1260 - 240K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • Whenever I do an auto fit, it explodes the size of the saved file. it goes from 100K-200K to 2,000k-3,000K

• felisfelis Posts: 3,580

It is because you are saving the outfit with it, instead of referencing.

If you after autofit saves the outfit, with a new name, then you can use that as refence, and the scene file will be smaller.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Drogo Nazhur said:

Whenever I do an auto fit, it explodes the size of the saved file. it goes from 100K-200K to 2,000k-3,000K

All outfits store JCM morphs for their intended figure in the Daz Studio runtime. But when you autofit it, the program has to dynamically generate new JCMs and store those inside the scene file. You could try saving them out as morph assets to a custom directory, along with the outfit itself, but unless you're going to reuse the outfit you're just shunting the memory usage somewhere else.

• margrave said:

Drogo Nazhur said:

Whenever I do an auto fit, it explodes the size of the saved file. it goes from 100K-200K to 2,000k-3,000K

All outfits store JCM morphs for their intended figure in the Daz Studio runtime. But when you autofit it, the program has to dynamically generate new JCMs and store those inside the scene file. You could try saving them out as morph assets to a custom directory, along with the outfit itself, but unless you're going to reuse the outfit you're just shunting the memory usage somewhere else.

Yes, he is going to be a recurring character in a digital comic book setting.

• felis said:

It is because you are saving the outfit with it, instead of referencing.

If you after autofit saves the outfit, with a new name, then you can use that as refence, and the scene file will be smaller.

Could you please repeat that in more simple terms? ... click this tab, click that link, etc ... LOL ... thanks

• How to autofit without making masive save files:

• Load a plain G8M into your scene
    • Autofit your Genesis clothing to him
    • For each item of clothing, select it and choose File > Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Assets
    • It will ask you for a file location, I'd create a folder like My Library\People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothing\Converted\Adventure Land
    • Click Accept on the dialog that pops up
    • Once you've done that for all the clothes, clear the scene and load your actual character. Fit him with the newly-saved clothes from your library. You can apply materials from the original version.
    • I tend to open a couple of File Explorer windows outside Daz and copy (not move) the icon files and materials folder from their original locations to my new folder - that way it all looks right in the Content Library.
    • There's probably additional steps you can do to get it to appear in Smart Content, but I never use Smart Content so I don't bother.