Longer and shorter skirts / dresses

A majority of the skirts / dresses that I purchased for G2F & G3F had an option to make the skirt / dress longer and shorter but that is not the case with a majority of skirts / dresses that I purchased for G8F. I would like to encourage sellers to start offering that option again.

Comments

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 897

Have you tried using dForce? I often use the Contraction-Expansion setting in the dforce surface options to shrink or grow skirts. It works well on most dresses that I've tried, as long as the skirt is a separate zone from the rest of the dress.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

One big problem with this is if the dress has a pattern on it, then it becomes warped when the mesh shrinks or expands. Another option would be extra material zones to hide parts to make it longer or shorter. This could also be done from the user with the geometry editor.

• I make dresses and skirts shorter using DFormers, then spawning morphs.  As FMSCDesigns says, my method can create distortion with patterned textures, however it does preserve the skirt hem edges.  Using the geometry editor or opacity maps will leave you with a paper thin edge, which to me is undesireable,