Shader problem

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi everyone

Can anyone please help? Attached is a render showing a simple spline object in Carara 8.5 with a shader applied that uses two cylindrically wrapped rectangular layers positioned on the model at precisely 50% each. However where the seams join in the middle of the object, there appears a faint line of overlapped pixels from the top and bottom colours. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

Test_Render.jpg
658 x 816 - 71K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure. Perhaps you'd get more hits on this issue if you posted the question in the Carrara Discussion Forum?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

If you like, the moderators can move this thread to the Carrara forum.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Can you move the camera closer so we can see the issue a little more clearly?

Also, so I understand, is it two separate image maps you are using?

• edited December 1969

Thanks for your replys - here is a close up on the same model. I will also post this onto the Carrara Discussion forum.

Test_Render2.jpg
    746 x 272 - 48K
  • edited December 1969

Thank you for looking into this but we have solved the issue! Using the highlighted section of the shader settings, it appears the Filtering and interpolate boxes need to be switched to Smapling and unchecked to give the crispest results. There still appears to be a very faint seam but it is much better and we can work with this.

Thaks again for all your help.

Test_Render4.jpg
    419 x 271 - 59K
    Test_Render3.jpg
    1352 x 653 - 41K