Clothing loading upside down? EDIT: SOLVED :)

eponicaeponica Posts: 197
edited March 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hi again everyone ^_^

I'm playing with the Mil Kids this time, and some nice freebie clothing I found for them at Faerie Dreams. It all loads and fits fine in DS 4.7, however when I try to bring the clothes into Carrara they are loading upside down underneath the figure!

If I do not select the figure when loading the clothes, they then load properly in the Zero position, but when I use Fit To... they then revert to the same upside down situation ^^;

I tried setting up the kids with their clothes in DS, then saving as a scene, then re-opening in Carrara. Same issue.

Is there a simple fix....??

Thanks in advance ^^;

EDIT -- UPDATE -- Same thing happens with the DAZ Hansel & Gretel outfit, which I just purchased to experiment with. So it's not the freebie. Most likely something to do with these being legacy figures :P

EDIT -- So here is a solution which is working nicely for me. I set up the figures and clothes in DS, then save them as a Scene Subset. I open this in Carrara and the figures are working fine. Why, I have no idea, but they do work :P Seems to me that the next step is to just save them to My Objects. Problem solved :)

EDIT -- Interesting. This method works with some items but not with others. One of these days I'll just have to get K4 I guess ^^;

This is probably a no brainer to more experienced Carrara users, but I'll leave this posted in case another newbie comes along :cheese:

Post edited by eponica on