Content Package Assist Help [SOLVED]

anaximanes_2000anaximanes_2000 Posts: 273

SOLUTION: I uninstalled CPA through DIM and then redownloaded it through DIM and reinstalled it.

I own the https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist from here on the Daz Store.  Not sure if it is a brain fart or a windows 11 thing, but I am having trouble finding it even with Windows Search.  As you can see from my screenshot, I downloaded it onto this new computer via Install Manager, and it is clearly installed.  In Install Manager, it shows those being the paths- the one I care about being the .exe of course, but I do not see it anywhere in the Program Files (x86).  It's really weird.  I told windows to show hidden folders too, just in case, but I see no folder named "BWC" at all.  Anyone else use this and can help me recall where I found my .exe file before?

Untitled-2.jpg
1383 x 807 - 336K
Post edited by anaximanes_2000 on

Comments

• I should add that the guide:

http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/30735/cpaguide.pdf

Assumes that one can open the .exe and says nothing about how to install or find it.  Is this product broken nowadays?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,215

No, it is not installed properly. The files would be blue underlined hyperlinks. Did you configure DIM where to install 32- and 64-bit programs files? (DIM - Advanced Settings - Installation).

• NorthOf45 said:

No, it is not installed properly. The files would be blue underlined hyperlinks. Did you configure DIM where to install 32- and 64-bit programs files? (DIM - Advanced Settings - Installation).

Not sure, here is a screenshot of how it is set up.  I'll change it however you advise.

Untitled-3.jpg
    597 x 325 - 149K

Okay, it is properly defined. Try to re-install it from DIM, then check the Installed Files again. They should show as blue underlined hyperlinks. Being an executable, there should be a UAC (User Access Control) dialog that pops up asking you for permission to install it. Accept and you should be good to go.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

This is what I have. NorthOf45's advice seems good.

ContentPA DIM.jpg
    957 x 560 - 69K
    ContentPA files.jpg
    663 x 185 - 27K
  • Ok, well I told DIM to Uninstall.  Then I came here, went to my Account, went to the page and clicked the "Install Manager Ready* thing as for some reason, it is not offered as a stand alone program.  However, now I am really having an issue because it asks me the "Allow it open this, blah blah" which I unoftunately clicked the box to never mention it again, so I cannot copy the exact wording now.  Anyway, nothing happens except it puts a "sku::30735" in the search bar.  It's not even downloading it now lol  What the heck is going on with this thing?

edited December 2021

When you uninstalled it, did it show up in the "Ready to Install" tab of DIM, or the "Ready to Download"? If you still have the download package, it should appear in the "Ready to Install" tab, otherwise it will be in the "Ready to Download" tab. The "Install Manager Ready" button on the site's Product Library will do just as it did: set the filter sku::30735, which is the number for Content Package Assist. I don't believe it automatically downloads the file if you don't have it, but it should show on one of the other two tabs. Check your DIM Advanced Settings for the correct Package Archive folder where the downloads go. If you keep them after installing, they should all be there. If you delete after installing, CPA should be in the "Ready to Download" tab.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • Yes, that's how it would usually go (and I already deleted all the zip files), but the odd thing I just finally figured out is that even though I am logging into my Daz account in the DIM, if I click on Account again, it shows the login again, so, maybe it's not allowing me to log in?

• Scratch that, the fact was that the SKU was in there, and it's just blank.  I am obviously messing up something.  I have no idea what.  When I remove the SKU, it shows me 3 ready to downloads, none of which is that one.

To see your purchased products, you need to use the same account you use at the DAZ store. If you bought it, it will show up.

• Yes, I own it as I showed you in the OP, but it turns out that I had to check certain boxes on the filters.  NOW it is there.  Clicking now.

• Ok, the thing popped up like last time with Windows asking if I would allow Daz to install something, and I told it to do so.  And now it is in DIM in the installed bit.  Searching my files for it now.

• It's there now!  Thank goodness, well, I guess uninstalling and reinstalling did the job.  Sorry for the headache, but thank you for helping me on this!

Ah! Filters... set and forget.

• GéinGéin Posts: 8
    edited January 2022

Could any of you nice people please tell me,  why my content does not show up in IM? I make the Content the right way. But, that's as far as I get.  sad 

Post edited by Géin on
  • robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 763

Ghéin said:

Could any of you nice people please tell me,  why my content does not show up in IM? I make the Content the right way. But, that's as far as I get.  sad 

Not sure what your exact problem is using Content Package Assist (CPA) without more details (perhaps you don't have the Package Archive address entered exactly).

Here is the CPA Guide by Doctor Jellybean:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/30735/cpaguide.pdf

Also, read the, Content Package Assist Tutorial, by Novica for the step-by-step process that she uses for CPA.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4582281/#Comment_4582281

Key Points (from Novica's tutorial):

Under 10 Steps:
    4.  In DIM, double check your Download setting: Click on the gear in the upper right corner, then go to Downloads tab. Where it says Package Archive is the folder you send things to for downloading. You're going to need that for CPA so you can tell it where to put the package in DIM. 
    5. Now in Content Package Assist (CPA) go to Settings and put that file path in Daz IM Download. You're telling CPA where to put the finished DIM package, so of course you want to use the file path from 4.  It's really neat to see these show up in the Downloads column in DIM! 

Under Example: Let's make a package:
    4. Package GUID - just click the gear. Each package needs a unique one. 
    6. Make sure Generate Manifest.dsx and Generate Supplemental.dsx are both checked.
    9. Now let's check the files. Click on Files tab.... make sure the structure is correct (i.e. Everything should be under the Content folder).
    10.  Up at the top in CPA, Click Make, then Make In Package Folder.  A popup will tell you when it's done. Next, in Make, select Make In Daz IM Download Folder.  In DIM your package will appear in Downloads, ready to be installed! 
    11. Install using DIM.

• GéinGéin Posts: 8

Hello robertswww,

thanks for your help! I've been away for quite a while and did not get back to this till now.

Well here goes with your recommendations so I'll see how I get on

Appreciate your help!!

Ghéin

• For some reason Content Package Assist promo pictures you use no longer show up in Daz. Some strange reason when I make a product for DAz using the Content Package Assist and add a promo pic, that promo pic doesnt show up in daz. It's just a blank square....

Anyone know why that's happeneing? Still helps making NON daz store products easier to install and find in daz, but no having the image sucks. Hate having to manually add or fix it in daz.. Especially having 3 computers with daz on them means needing to fix it 3 times.... Also if I ever need to reinstall that product after a system reinstall I'd have to fix it again.... 

Besides that headache it's by far one of the most useful and hany products a person could have for daz!

• rcolin2007 said:

For some reason Content Package Assist promo pictures you use no longer show up in Daz. Some strange reason when I make a product for DAz using the Content Package Assist and add a promo pic, that promo pic doesnt show up in daz. It's just a blank square....

Anyone know why that's happeneing? Still helps making NON daz store products easier to install and find in daz, but no having the image sucks. Hate having to manually add or fix it in daz.. Especially having 3 computers with daz on them means needing to fix it 3 times.... Also if I ever need to reinstall that product after a system reinstall I'd have to fix it again.... 

Besides that headache it's by far one of the most useful and hany products a person could have for daz!

I can't give an offiical answer, but I would suspect it might be because the promo images now use webp format and I don't think Daz Studio can read that.