Animated Film on Indiegogo Made Heavily in Daz Studio

demonsworddemonsword Posts: 18
edited March 2015 in Art Studio

Hi everyone...

I haven't been on these boards in a very long time, I rarely ever post to any forums, so I apologize ahead of time for any faux pas.

I'm writing this to share a film project I've been working on for a long time now and I just started a crowd-funding campaign to help me get it done this century. It's a short film that I have been working on primarily in Daz Studio.

Yup... Primarily in Daz. :)

I initially wanted to model and rig my own characters, props, and environments in Lightwave or Max... but I'm often strapped for time and not the most gifted modeler or rigger. Plus, I really just wanted to jump in, animate, and tell my story visually almost from go.

So, while I did do a little bit of 3d modelling... most of the 3d assets seen in the trailer are products purchased from the Daz 3D store and then morphed/retextured/modified (to vastly varying degrees) to fit my own needs/designs... and as such, several Daz community artists' user names will be listed in the end screen credits.

'Blue Shift' is an animated short film that I've been working on for just over 2 years, on and off. It's based on a scifi action story that I wrote and self-published on Amazon as a novella, also under the title 'Blue Shift'.

The story is about Commander Shen- A formidable alien law officer, who is also something of a short-sighted hot-head. When tasked with the mission of recapturing a hijacked deep space prison transport, Shen’s impulsive cowboy-like actions give multiple alien convicts the chance they need to escape to Earth. Now these very dangerous extraterrestrial fugitives are running around on our world, doing God knows what to whoever they please, and no one can stop them, other than Shen, his attractive android partner and a mysterious man in black known only as Mr. McGrath.

The official website is http://www.starfallchronicles.com/
...and the crowd-funding campaign can be found at http://igg.me/at/blueshift

...and as much as I could type all day about this, I'm really eager to know what the Daz community thinks of this project.

Indiegogo_mac.jpg
421 x 421 - 131K
Post edited by demonsword on

Comments

• Amazon12Amazon12 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Looks amazing to me!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,200
    edited December 1969

Looks good to me, you obviously put a lot of work into it, and it shows.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,634
    edited December 1969

The trailer looks good and the animated sequence look well thought out, a step above the standard sequences usually available, particularly like the Aiko jumping up and through the scaffolding. A lot of hard work went into animating this and it shines through.

blueshifttrailersm.jpg
    482 x 296 - 51K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited December 1969

excellent film. enjoyable to watch. :)
    You should be very proud on your efforts, you can really tell a lot of wrench time went to it., well done :)

• demonsworddemonsword Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone. It means a lot know when your hard work is appreciated. Hopefully it will all pay off in the end.