Feet and Inches?? For a scene

Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi
I'm trying to do a architectural rendering in Carrara. If need be I can go Back to Sketchup, but I haven't used sketchup in a while and never really cared for the rendering options.
So It would be easier to Build and Render in Carrara.
Any plug in or easy way to deal with feet and inches in a Carrara 8 or 8.5 Scene. The room is about 10 feet by 17 feet so I could make a scene with a whole lot of inches but that seems like a PITA. Any Ideas?
Thanks
Brad

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    Hi
    I'm trying to do a architectural rendering in Carrara. If need be I can go Back to Sketchup, but I haven't used sketchup in a while and never really cared for the rendering options.
    So It would be easier to Build and Render in Carrara.
    Any plug in or easy way to deal with feet and inches in a Carrara 8 or 8.5 Scene. The room is about 10 feet by 17 feet so I could make a scene with a whole lot of inches but that seems like a PITA. Any Ideas?
    Thanks
    Brad

Use the medium scale scene?

You can also set the gird size to feet and use that when modeling. If you need to enter a feet value in a field that defaults to displaying inches, simply type ft after the value and Carrara will convert it. If it's not allowed or out of range, Carrara will tell you.

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

EvilProducer
    Thank You. Didn't realize I could set the Grid to feet and enter inches. Very Helpful.
    Brad

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Oh, if it says feet in the field, just type the number you want for inches followed by "in" Carrara may convert it to a decimal value for for feet, such as 6 in would come out as .5 ft.