Selling Carrara 8.1 pro is it possible and how to transfer license.

Gooffball z45Gooffball z45 Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, I have a Carrara 8.1 pro license, and am wondering if its possible to sell it to another person who may want to purchase.

I haven't used it for probably 2 years and don't foresee using it again. (just gathering dust on the backup HDD...)

I guess the biggest thing is how to transfer the license to the other person after sale.
I know of other software where this is possible and there are mechanisms in place for it to happen.
(Sometimes there is a fee and that's ok. Dependent on the cost for the transfer and who pays it and to whom.....)

So, can a sale of the software go ahead and if so how to transfer the license?
Has anyone done this here?
If there is a transfer fee, who is it payed to and who is responsible for the payment. (I'd be guessing the original owner and it's paid to DAZ)

Thanks
Regards
Gary

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You would have to submit a support ticket to find out if you can, as the license is non-transferable.

• Gooffball z45Gooffball z45 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

OK, thanks. I did read the Dstudio license was not transferrable, but though I'd check as DS is free ilo Carrara. (and I don't have it installed to check)
    Anyway it may be too much to worry about it, just thought I'd see if it was easy or not.
    Cheers!