From two monitors to one

NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hey, guys,

I hope you can help. I used to have an external larger monitor that I had my laptop plugged in to, and I used the space on my external monitor screen to display Hexagon on. Even though I no longer have the external monitor plugged in, Hexagon still insists on going over to the space where the external monitor used to be.

My DAZ Studio did make the adjustment from the two monitors down to only the one.

How do I get my access back to Hexagon?

Oracle

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    Hey, guys,

I hope you can help. I used to have an external larger monitor that I had my laptop plugged in to, and I used the space on my external monitor screen to display Hexagon on. Even though I no longer have the external monitor plugged in, Hexagon still insists on going over to the space where the external monitor used to be.

My DAZ Studio did make the adjustment from the two monitors down to only the one.

How do I get my access back to Hexagon?

Oracle

can you plug something like a TV in temporarily and drag it Back?
    I had this happen on my old laptop with Poser 7 cloth room
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited March 2015

there is prob also a preferences txt file in app data or program data you can delete, I shall look

yeah C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Hexagon 2
    some xml files
    move them to a temp location and try it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,202
    edited December 1969

The problem is that Windows "remembers" which screen the program was last used on (well, to be even more precise, which screen you last used it as "not maximized")

If you're using windows 7 or more recent, open Hex then while the program is the current active window try using "Windows+Shift+Right or left arrow" (switch monitor where the program is), or "Windows + right arrow" multiple times (snap to right side of the screen, it cycles between monitors. Windows + left arrow would work too).

Once you've got it back on your main display, "restore" the window so that it's not maximized, and close the program. Next time you open Hex it should be on the main monitor.

If you're on older windows try using the standard windows menu to restore the window so it can be moved, then select "Move" and use the arrow keys to move the window back to your main monitor.

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the help, Leana. That did the trick!! I have Hexagon back! Wooohoooo!! LOL.