advice on clean install of studio

myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 591
edited December 1969 in New Users

I had installed studio in the past, but I think I may have made a mess of it.
anyway, I am looking at Studio again and would like to do a nice clean install.
any who knows what they are talking about have any tips on how to go about
cleaning out the old and starting a fresh.
thanks for the help ahead of time

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DAZ Studio did you have installed before?

When you install the latest version, 4.7, the installer will remove any previous DS4.xx version, and update to the latest version

You can have DS2, DS3 and DS4.5 all installed on the same machine without conflicts. You cannot keep previous versions of DS4.5+ as well as the current one.

The only way to do what people call a 'clean install' is to go through the registry and delete things yourself, but there really shouldn't be any need to do that.

I had installed studio in the past, but I think I may have made a mess of it.

The latest version should install itself correctly without doing anything else. Can you explain a bit more of what you thinks happened?
  • myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

what I would like to do is reinstall on another drive, not "C" as my "C" drive is an SSD and so not very big.
    that is why I want to get ride of every last bit of studio on my "C" drive before installing studio on another drive.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

By default both Studio and DIM write some files to sub-folders in the ... c:/Users/[User's name]/AppData/Roaming ... folder. You should research how to tell your OS to move system folders like AppData/Roam and the swapfile to another drive and any other that gets written to a lot.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks jestmart, I wasn't sure where all the other folders were :)