Rigging is done

edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok Rigging is done and the texture map is not morphing with the rigging. How do I get it to move with it?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,992
    edited December 1969

What are you wanting? UVs don't change in response to rigging.

• edited December 1969

I don't know if the obj file is loaded right or if I saved it wrong? I applied the texture to the model and the model is not moving but the bones are? I have no idea what i did wrong

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
    edited March 2015

Did you make sure that in the figure setup tools your bones are matched to the correct face groups? And then did you do any weight mapping?

Untitled.png
    835 x 957 - 197K
    Post edited by 3WC on
  • edited December 1969

Yep I figured it out, now the next problem is getting the weight mapping right. Any suggestions?

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
    edited December 1969

Yep I figured it out, now the next problem is getting the weight mapping right. Any suggestions?

It depends on what sort of figure you are rigging, if you have a rigid, mechanical model, or if it is a human, animal, clothing, or something organic that has to bend more smoothly.

Have you looked at the documentation center? There is a section on weight mapping here:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/weight_mapping_a_figure/start

I know a little bit, but am by no means an expert. You may be able to google other tutorials, though, and if you run into specific problems, maybe somebody with more expertise can answer those for you here.