Iteratively adding clothing to a Daz model that has been exported into Unity?

magycompanymagycompany Posts: 1
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Sorry if this isn't posted to the right place but it's sort of a broad topic and I haven't found a really good place to try to get any sort of help for this particular issue and it's pretty crucial for the success of this particular project.

Basically, I need a way to add clothing to a model that has already been exported out of Daz into Unity. I have the process required to get a model with clothing exported and imported with all the materials and everything working correctly, but it has to be all exported at the same time to work correctly. What this means for me is, whenever I need to add an additional item of clothing to the application, which needs to happen fairly often, I need to essentially scrap everything that I've set up so far, go back into Daz, load up the base model with all the clothing attached to the model, add the new clothing item, reexport everything, load it back into Unity, import the large number of morphs using the Megadaz software, and finally spend the next SEVERAL weeks remapping every single item of clothing so that it all morphs correctly with the base model. This process is incredibly tedious and simply put, isn't sustainable.

The entire process would be made so much easier if I could find a good way to add additional clothing to the model within Unity after the model has already been exported, but I haven't been able to find any good way to accomplish that. I've tried exporting clothing by itself and importing it into Unity and using Megadaz to map it to the model, but when the model animates, the clothing does not follow the model like it does when they are exported as a single package, and major clipping occurs.

Has anyone here tried something similar to this and had any success with it? I've been bashing my head against a wall for weeks trying to get this to work and having someone familiar with either program available to provide some sort of guidance or support would be greatly appreciated!