DSON problem (Materials not applying)

XamevaXameva Posts: 19

Hi there,

I just started using DSON with G2F for the first time. I've followed the installation instructions and I've got the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essesntials PoserCF.

I can load G2F fine, and all her morphs are loaded. I can also load a clothing set I bought.

But when I try to apply materials to her, they don't work. Nothing happens. For example when I try to load the Bree skin texture options, nothing happens. The same for a character I bought elsewhere.

Here is the log file from DSON:

DSON Importer
Setup
DSON Write Path: C:/Users/Xameva/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted
Parsing DSON File...
File Path: C:/Users/Xameva/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/libraries/Materials/DAZ Genesis 2 Female/Bree Eyes 01.duf
Scanning for dynamic assets...
Applying settings to actors...
Loaded file: Bree Eyes 01.duf

I'm using Poser 2012 with latest SR 3.1.

Please help, thank you! :)

Post edited by Xameva on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

Are you seeing textures on the default load, or is the figure completely grey at all times? Have you tried rendering (I can't think why only preview would fail, but it's worth checking)?

• XamevaXameva Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Are you seeing textures on the default load, or is the figure completely grey at all times? Have you tried rendering (I can't think why only preview would fail, but it's worth checking)?

Yes when I first load her she has a texture, and it renders fine.

Another product I bought, a character for G2F (Natasha at Renderosity) - her texture loads on her, and makeups also. But, that is because they're .pz2 files, not .duf. But, this character also has nail materials, which are .duf, and those won't work.

Very strange...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

That's very odd. My first thought was that it might be something to do with UV sets, but that wouldn't affect applying a Bree mat since the base Bree materials work. Sorry, I think I am going to have to say "open a support ticket", unless anyone else chips in.