loading M4 skins to to G2M

HellcatHellcat Posts: 98
edited December 1969 in New Users

i need some help. i converted a model from Michael 4 to G2M. the problem is, i cant get the textures to load. i dont know what to do and i need to get this project done, as it's a paid one.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You would need something like this : http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-male-s

Genesis 2 Male does not have M4 UV sets as standard.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392
    edited December 1969

This won't give you the UVs. It converts presets made for M4 to .duf made for G2M but you still need the "M4 for G2M" (listed as required) product to have the UVs
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

As long as you have the M4UV you can just load M4 apply the skin and save as a Material preset then from where you saved it you can load it onto G2M. The Auto convertor makes things a bit easier but isn't necessary.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    This won't give you the UVs. It converts presets made for M4 to .duf made for G2M but you still need the "M4 for G2M" (listed as required) product to have the UVs
    Yes, the "M4 for G2M" product is needed, the other is optional (makes the process easier). If you don't use the auto-converter, you should load up Michael 4, apply the texture you want to use, save as a materials preset. Then load G2M, apply that materials preset, and change the UV to Michael 4.
  • HellcatHellcat Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Leana said:

Yes, the "M4 for G2M" product is needed, the other is optional (makes the process easier). If you don't use the auto-converter, you should load up Michael 4, apply the texture you want to use, save as a materials preset. Then load G2M, apply that materials preset, and change the UV to Michael 4.thanks, that helped a lot. i know i have all those other products installed. just not sure how to use them. i just recently started using Genesis 2
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When you have G2M loaded, go to the Surfaces pane, and look for 'UV Set' and change that to M4, then load your M4 skin.

Have you tried that?