Unselectable characters in scenes

edited December 1969 in New Users

I have created several v4.2 characters in DAZ that cause an error.

When I place these characters in a scene, or try to add props or other figures to a scene containing those characters I am no longer able to select anything except that v4!!

I'm not able to click on them in the viewort as I would normally. Instead I'm only able to select them only by going into the scene tab and clicking on that figure or one of its' bones. It's really cumbersome and adds a surprising amount of time to posing/creating images.

Does anyone know whats happening and how to fix it?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Haven't heard of that problem, but perhaps someone else has?

Can you give an example of what items you cannot select with V4 loaded as well? What tool are you using when you try to select them?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I have had it happen and I suspect it is a memory related problem. What are your systems specs and how many things where the scene when it happened?

• edited December 1969

Haven't heard of that problem, but perhaps someone else has?

Can you give an example of what items you cannot select with V4 loaded as well? What tool are you using when you try to select them?

I cannot select anything else at all, figures, props, environments, lights etc. I'm using the Universal Tool and trying to click on them in the viewport

I have had it happen and I suspect it is a memory related problem. What are your systems specs and how many things where the scene when it happened?

I have an i7 4790 cpu, 8GB of RAM and a 1TB HD. It happens with anything I load into a scene with those characters, whether it's a huge environment, or something as small as an earring.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

You can make items unselectable in the viewport by clicking the arrow symbol next to the name in the Scene pane, or by using the switch under Display in the Parameters pane. Check you haven't made them unselectable by accident - the arrow symbol in the Scene pane will then have an x next to it.

• edited December 1969

That's the first thing I checked, everything in the scene is selectable, no x beside any item in the scene pane