Install Manager 1.1.0.28 & '[217] Ready to Install' keeps install the same 217 files.

nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Install Manager 1.1.0.28 & '[217] Ready to Install' keeps install the same 217 files. It's done so twice.

I changed the original storage location of all the downloaded files from 'F:\Same Long Path' to 'G:\Same Long Path' in the Install Manager because Windows rearranged drive letters on me. Also I changed the DAZ Studio default Library location from 'DAZ Default Location' to 'Preferred Location'

Also, after the package 'Install Manager Default Filters' tries to install, it fails and the Install Manager says 'Install Failed!' However, the other 216 packages install correctly and in the non-default configured locations and get moved to the 'Installed' tab in the Install Manager until I quit and restart the Install Manager, then the are back in the 'Ready to Install Tab'. :-( At least they don't move back to the 'Ready to Download' tab.

How to fix this so that the Install Manager does keep wanting to install?

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,992
    edited December 1969

What operating system are you using? Where are you placing the content? Do you still have the Manifests folder in the default location?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965
    edited December 1969

I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit Update 1 plus Patches & the content is located here:

'Design Path' 'C:/Users/Jack/Documents/Design/DAZ 3D/Studio/Library' is set to current.

Nothing special I just try to keep the number of directories in those special folders I use few enough such that I don't need to scroll to view them all.

However

'Recommended...' 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D/Studio/Library' is still present but not used.

It's also still on my HD but is actually what they call an 'NT junction'. & 'DAZ 3D' is a junction too. The 'DAZ 3D' junction seems incorrect. Forgot about that so let me do a bit of corrections in

'C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D/Studio/Library'

OK, I deleted a junction I created in that location 'DAZ 3D' that was where the Manifest Files you referred to are kept. The Install Manager created it new in that location, I reinstalled the 217 packages and problem solved.

It worked at the end of January but I think the Microsoft has made hidden directories restricted access with a security patch since then as I also had trouble making mercurial.ini hidden in the past month. I had to 'unhide' mercurial.ini to make it writable. The content is still in my 'Design' location and I don't frequent the Public location much so I'll just leave well enough alone.

It works now correctly. The Download Manager is nice!

Thanks a lot!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,992
    edited December 1969

If you go to

C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts

and open Accounts.ini in a text editor you can use the

OverrideManifestDir=
    OverrideThumbnailDir=

keys to set the locations for the rest of the files (you can also set the download folder there). Remember to use / and not \ as the folder separator.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965
    edited December 1969

Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I get a new PC for the Iridium DAZ 4.8. Will that version have those new features working on a mid-level current MacMini? The one with i5 CPU and Intel Iris GPU. I think it's called Haswell architecture? I plan on installing Boot Camp and cleaning my desk of clutter.