Trying my hand at animation

DekeDeke Posts: 1,623
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I've tinkered with Daz a while now and am starting to build random sequences. I posted this one on youtube and welcome any thoughts/tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpPnwk8Qlfk

This is rendered in layers, comped in AE, some stock snow and sound effects. Pretty remarkable what you can slap together.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

dkutzera said:
    I've tinkered with Daz a while now and am starting to build random sequences. I posted this one on youtube and welcome any thoughts/tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpPnwk8Qlfk

This is rendered in layers, comped in AE, some stock snow and sound effects. Pretty remarkable what you can slap together.

good work !

• RazorlightRazorlight Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

that looks ok

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,623
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I might next experiment with rendering the snow in After Effects. I could position the layers in deep 3d space and use a particle generator for the snowflakes so they would be spread more naturally from foreground to background. I'm still experimenting with lighting so create better shadows and the look of skin. Props to the Wildlander costume designer and Stonemason for the evocative set.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

Looks good, nice use of camera motion. I'm also a fan of Stonemason, its a big head start for an animation to have a good set design right out of the gate.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

first thought: ah this is Skyrim
    looks good till you see the walking of the man has no weight
    perhaps some snow spreading from his feet
    the face should somehow more fit the rest of the scene
    more cartoonish may be

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,623
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the notes. I tries adding some puff of debris with each step in the last wide shot, but it was a half hearts attempt. The idea would be the debris would also smudge over the flawed contact between foot and step. This is a stock walk cycle and I don't know how to modify this to ascending steps. I'm not happy with the face either and want to learn different lighting/rendering techniques. I'm also interested in more motion blur to avoid the stutter motion.