How do you Move DIM controled content to another hard drive

GranvilleGranville Posts: 684
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I need to move my DIM controlled content to another harddrive, since it is ballooning up to a terrabyte. How do I do this in the most efficient way possible?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you're comfortable bulk-editing text files, I would do this:
    1) In DS be sure to Export User Data first.
    2) With DIM closed, go to the ManifestFiles folder (default location on Windows is C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles ). Each item installed with DIM has a .dsx file with the installation details. There will be a line in each that reads something like:

You want to edit that line with the new install location you're using, using forward slashes as separators.
    3) Copy the content folders to your new location, but don't delete the old location yet.
    4) Launch DS and use Content Directory Manager to add the new location and remove the old one, for both "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats".
    5) Close DS and delete the files from the old location.
    6) Launch DS and in "Content DB Maintenance" reset the database, then Re-Import Metadata.
    7) In DIM, make sure you add the new content location and make it the current location for future installs.

You may also want to change the Download location in DIM, especially if you don't delete the zips or move them elsewhere after installing.