Problem with Saving Poses - Dial infomation saved incorrectly

Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Has anyone else encountered this? I am using Daz Studio 4.7 Pro, and I am saving a pose for Genesis 2 female (with limits ON) via File->Save As->Pose Preset (select all properties). At this point, I don't change anything about G2 (she is still in the pose I just saved), but when I apply the saved pose to G2, I am asked to turn limits off. When I turn limits off, I get a variety of behavior. I've seen torsos twist past their limit, I've seen thumbs go sideways, bending at joints that normally don't bend.

Does anyone know if this is a confirmed issue, or if there are any workarounds?

-Joe

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,097
    edited December 1969

Does the pose work if you leave limits on?

it's possible, if you are using both pose controls affecting several bone and direct posing of bones, that the total rotation being asked for are beyond the limits - int hat case you don't want to turn the limits off.

• Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Does the pose work if you leave limits on?

it's possible, if you are using both pose controls affecting several bone and direct posing of bones, that the total rotation being asked for are beyond the limits - int hat case you don't want to turn the limits off.

Yes, the poses look correct with limits ON. However, if I were to create and sell poses based on G2, this would be an issue because the end user wouldn't know if limits are intended to be on or off.

As for your idea, I don't think it is related to using combinations of pose controls and individual bone dials for a few reasons:
    1) I wasn't using any pose controls in this particular instance
    2) I saved all aspects of the pose, so reapplying it to the figure should not have caused the total rotation to change (unless I misunderstood your point).
    3) I've seen joints like "left thumb 2" move in the "side-side" direction when reapplying the pose with limits off. Normally this motion has a min/max range of 0, making it unmovable unless limits are off. However, when I reapply the pose and turned limits off, it moved from 0 to 3.5. The original pose that I was saving had no movement in this direction.

-Joe

edited December 1969

Do you have an example pose you'd be willing to share?

edited December 1969

Do you have an example pose you'd be willing to share?

Sure. Would it make sense to share an example scene as well? That would at least allow someone to attempt to reproduce saving the pose preset. If I just sent the pose, there'd be nothing to compare against. Or were you thinking of a different approach?

-Joe

edited December 1969

A scene subset wouldn't hurt.

edited December 1969

Hi Richard,
    I receive an error when attempting to attach the scene subset file to my post.

Error Message:
    The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.

Is there another mechanism you'd like me to try?

-Joe

edited December 1969

You can't attach non-image files to posts. You could try using DropBox, if you have an account.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately, I do not have a DropBox account. Do you have an email address that you wouldn't mind sending me in a private message?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883
    edited March 2015

edit.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

You could also use Skydrive, available if you have a Hotmail, Outlook or Live email, or Google Drive. I could give you an email, but the I'm not sure how quickly I could look at the files (the forums ave been jumping recently).

edited December 1969

Hi Richard. I just sent you a PM with a dropbox link.

edited March 2015

In case anyone else encounters this issue, Richard was able to confirm using the scene that I sent to him. I have created issue 189202 for the development team to review. Also, had the same problem when the pose was saved using Poser Format Exporter.

Post edited by Joe827 on